Author Thread: Is this the way true children of God should act?
Admin

Is this the way true children of God should act?
Posted : 11 Apr, 2012 07:01 AM

A wonderful woman of God and I have started a long distance relationship based mostly on faith. We chat privately once a day and then talk call once a day. In the last 5 weeks we have video called 2 times. Much has transpired since then to help me to realize she is very serious about us and has done soo much to prove that, as I have too.

Recently, I have been very put off by how many users in the chat rooms insult us using humor as a weapon about our relationship. Using course jesting to stab at us and try to find fault with our relationship in stead of exhorting and edifying us in our journey forward in what we believe is the will of God for us. Princesalomon has when I am not with her in the room been more than disrepectful to her about our relationship. Also someone who I considered a friend went WAY overboard about her "concern" about my safety. She was obviously insulting my sweetheart by not even acknowleging her in the room. I am just so very comcerned for the body of Christ these days. Many of us feel it is OK to point the finger, speak word that accuse and teardown rather than edify and build up.

I do pray that we may be able to find common ground at every turn regardless of our "OWN" ideas about another.

Much love to all and this will be goodbye until I return and post our testimonial and pictures of our wedding. :-D

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Apr, 2012 06:47 AM

You already posted this. It was vague, unclear, and potentially gossipy then, and it remains that way now. If you have a legitimate question to which you would like actual responses, please reword in a way that makes that question clear. If you are only posting to "prove your case," so to speak, please don't bother again. It sounds like this is an issue you need to work out with the woman with whom you are speaking.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Apr, 2012 05:38 PM

I agree. I changed my profile because I was attacked too many times in chat rooms here by so called christians. sadly, the few who cared, are not the ones we think about. The road that is smooth and the stones sharp that hurt our feet are what we think about, the stones, not the road. Christians should build up, not rip up eachother or we are playing the devil's game and instead of christians, should find another name. I am sorry it sounds like you were hurt, too. jesus loves you, and even if others abandon you, or hurt you, he never will.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2012 06:34 AM

I think issues like this need prayer. And much of it. Just make sure you're in the will of God, and then if needful, just don't communicate with others who don't approve. People are easily deceived, so be careful, and God bless you and your future wife.

I also know that sometimes we ask things more than once if we are really bothered by it or if we are still seeking responses. I think people need a broader idea of forum posts. Some are direct questions, and some may be telling of an incident that doesn't have a direct question, but leave it open to discussion if others want to respond.

It's just like thinking about something more than once because it bothers us. It's ok to post more than once and if people don't agree with what you post, perhaps it would be a good idea for them not to respond and move on to another forum post.

God bless everyone on this site!!

JC