Author Thread: Prayer for that Special Someone, when you have a few minutes
Admin

Prayer for that Special Someone, when you have a few minutes
Posted : 30 Apr, 2012 08:21 AM

Ya know, we get on this site hoping to meet the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with. All any of us want is to be loved, and to love in return. Someone to share our lives with.

I have been talking to a wonderful person here on the site, and conversation just flowed from the first time we talked. But one day I felt so burdened. I couldn't stand it. I had such a heavy heart. I got on my knees and cried out to God. I prayed for His will in my life. There are pro's and con's to getting involved with this person. Right now we just talk and share things with each other. We would like to get to know each other better, but I don't know what God wants. The man I'm talking to is a Christian, a very caring man. I told the Lord, God I can't hurt again. I've been married and divorced twice. My second husband REALLY crushed my heart. (pretty much over that now) and my mom and dad saw how tore up I was. I just can't do that again. Can't do it.

It is very important to be equally yoked in relationships and marriage, dating, etc. And it can be heartbreaking when you do begin talking to someone but you don't know God's will.

Then I listened to Joel Osteen speak on tv last night. He taught on "Your yes's are coming". Yes, I'll get that promotion, yes i'll find the right relationship, ...but we have to go through the "no's" first. He said what if the third relationship is your yes because the first two were no's. I was like wow. But we have to keep trying every time we get a "no". .....Yes is on its way. Sad when you don't know if your "Yes" is now, or if you have to go through another "no." I just don't know if I could bear another no. But I don't want to get into a relationship and find out that it's my "no."

I talk to my mom about everything. She checks on me if she doesn't hear from me cuz we talk almost every day. She knows I'm talking to someone but doesn't know everything. I probably wouldn't have even told her about it but she asked what i had been doing, that she hadn't heard from me that day. My mom is really worried about me because I've been hurt soooo badly in the past. I think I'm finally, (after a year and a half) moving on from my divorce...and CDFF has helped me so much. Having Christian friends to talk to, to laugh with. It makes me forget my ex. Before CDFF I was constantly depressed. But what you see in my profile is my real personality.

I told my Mom, I don't know what God wants. I haven't been able to get it out of my head. This gentleman is quite a bit older than me and has been hurt also. I don't want to get in a relationship because I'm lonely, people!! And I don't want him to get involved with me because he's lonely.

The Lord has given me scripture to help me with this situation. I know God has given it to me. He will bring me through the no's, and bring me to the yes's....it's just hard wondering if this is the time for the "yes."

I'm just going to keep praying about it and let God move. Patience is the hardest thing!!!

God bless all of you here on the site. Pray. Seek the Lord for His will for your lives before you get into a relationship. After all, we want it to be our "yes", right?

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2012 01:56 PM

JC,

Yes, give it all to the Lord and wait for His answer. I have you in my prayers. God bless you..:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2012 04:40 PM

Thank you so much honey. Your prayers mean a lot to me.

JC

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2012 12:38 PM

JC,

You seem like a very genuine person...thank you for that :)

You know, I just responded to a question about courtship on this site and what courtship is. To me, your contact with this person sounds very much like a type of courtship or something which could lead further down that road. Because of that, I'm going to paste some of my former response here in the case it might be helpful...

Courtship is simply a word used by Christians to describe a Biblical process where two people explore whether they're compatible or not as future husband and wife - notice that "exploring" is different than "entering into" an emotional relationship. Courtship is also focused on God and how each person has been growing in relation to HIM, since without that, two people will grow only in relation to one another possibly without God which will eventually lead to an immense amount of hurt.

Courtship is usually practiced with the oversight of the church or churches the couples attend and with the counsil of fellow Christians. God says there is wisdom in council, and nowhere do we need it more than in a decision which involves our heart and soul.

Unlike dating, courtship usually takes place over a "predetermined" period of time to protect both parties from emotionally using one another without a solid commitment towards marriage - this in particular helps to protect people from being deeply hurt.

Since "dating" can be done in a similar fashion, both words can be used interchangeably. What matters is how the people involved choose to honor God or not.

Courtship is all about seeking God's will and direction. It is not about diving headlong into a relationship since relationships can easily be started which have nothing to do with God's will.

If courting is done correctly, the feelings of being judged or rejected can often be greatly avoided by keeping the focus upon God and His will, and by the involvement of others from the church - these people could be here from CDFF if you are not active in a church.

Many people and even many Christians approach relationships looking for someone to love them because they struggle to love themselves. In these cases, the idea of being rejected can be unbearable since we're relying upon someone else to know if we're "lovable" or not. As Christians, we need to approach relationships whether courting or dating from the position of already feeling loved far more than the person we're interested in will ever love us - or not.

1 John 4:18 says "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear"

Husbands and wives "from" God are raised up and "given" by God and that by faith so that we do not have to fear being rejected, even in our search for a potential mate...

God bless

GodsChosenDaughter

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2012 06:03 AM

I do believe that we have to pray and ask for God for that special someone. In praying for that special someone you have to conceived it in your heart and in your prayers.

Reading Paul Yonggi cho's Fourth Dimension, He said that when we pray we should be specific.

Here in the Philippines, we really believe in

"getting to know you, before knowing to get you" .

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2012 02:57 AM

I agree with you, I do pray for my future husband everyday. Well, i don't know what God has purposed for me but i always tell God to protect who ever it is, teach him,guide him, pour favor upon his life, family and career. Above all i always pray that God grooms him to be the best husband and father that he wants him to be! and that God keeps him for me...Sometimes i even become so emotional and end up in tears...lol

You know,we really need to take sometime to pray about such things as future spouse-of course praying that God's good and perfect will be done in our lives; we should not wait until the pressure is high and then we begin praying fast prayers and expect fast answers! I guess the God we serve is orderly!

My advice; IF YOU ARE A SERVANT OF GOD, NEVER MAKE AN ASSUMPTION OF GOD'S WILL!