Author Thread: Teen Moms
KindHeartedWoman8

View Profile
History
Teen Moms
Posted : 10 Jun, 2012 10:52 PM

I don't watch much TV. but I recently got into watching Teen Moms with my teens. OH Boy! Anyone watch this? I think its good for my teens especially seeing the single teen Moms and what they have to go through.

View Profile
History
Teen Moms
Posted : 9 Aug, 2012 06:10 PM

I have to respectfully disagree. Reality shows have a bad habit of making stars out of idiots with no real talent and, I believe, this is especially true for shows like Teen Mom.

The families are compensated for the air that they get and it glorifies the idea of being unmarried (and never married at that) and being a single parent. It especially irks me to see the kids who still live with their parents who are now raising their grandkids. It send a bad message to minors. "Don't worry. Mom & Dad will take care of the kid for you. There are no bad consequences." It's bad enough that there a re girls that honestly think that their boyfriend will actually marry them if they get pregnant. Now, they have the chance to be a "star" on a show of who's very genre claims to call itself "reality."

As a Libertarian, I'm not saying that the shows should be banned, by ANY means. What I AM saying is that we, as a society need to rememeber that reality TV is just as choreographed as any other show out there (it's just that now, producers who care more for raings and pushing the envelop, not writers and directors who care about storylines and plot, call the shots), so we need to make sure that we know that the drama that we see may not be true to life. Single parenthood isn't easly by any means, but I don't know of any new single mothers who could afford breast enlargements less than a year after giving birth. (Yes, I have seen the show and yes, this did happen)

At least Pawns Stars is a bit (and I use the term loosely) informational. It satisfies my desire for pointless knowledge and facts.

sisygirl

View Profile
History
Teen Moms
Posted : 22 May, 2013 06:38 AM

Yes Kindheartedwoman8 I have recently watched that program & I really think it was wise of you to watch it with your teens, I promise you they were warned.

How I wish teens would take advantage of education & self empowerment. Having a baby when you're still a child compromises you of your previladges, just makes life harder than it is already.

I'm glad this is televised not as an act in some drama tv show, but rather as a reality program. There's so much to take in when watching that program.