Author Thread: AWESOME BOOKS!!!
OceanSparrow

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 08:28 PM

I am reading Christopher Paolini's "Inheritence Cycle" and They are SOOO good!:applause: "Eragon" is the first book,then "Eldest",and the one I'm reading now,"Brisingr". I believe the last has yet to be released,but it will take most people about two weeks to read the first two,and maybe even 3-4 on the 3rd. (I read uncommonly fast,and I have more time than most people,so I'm estimating),but they are SOOO worht it! For those of you who could care less if you hear the full,(or even correct),story,there is a movie "Eragon" available in Wal-Mart and many movie stores. Just check them out! :yay:

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 12:06 AM

I bought the Eragon book awhile back, but haven't gotten around to reading it for some reason! I guess I got too many new books at the same time, and forgot I picked it up. :laugh: Maybe I should read it next! I saw the movie a long time ago, and I thought it was pretty good.

If you enjoy fantasy novels, you may want to try out the "Legends of the Guardian King" series by Karen Hancock. Its one of my favourite series, and its also one of the few Christian Fantasy novels out there. Its a very good read, though, and its also very thought provoking at times.

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 9 Mar, 2009 10:40 AM

Trying to get a post space, hoping this is OK here.

I read Ephesians 6 and would call it spiritual warfare understanding high school. But go to college and read the Book of Kings. If you want a record in anointed context, read:

The Final Quest

The Call

The Torch and the Sword

all by Rick Joyner.

They are a collection of dreams and visions and words from the LORD given to this man of God in order to give the church understanding of the battle in the spirit realm. I have read the first two books more than once and referred back to them when I found myself in such a battle. You used to be able to mp3 on line the combined books, only the first two. As Rick Joyner reads the book He adds detail neglected in the book . I would bring it up on two sites at once so that I could hear him read while I read. Even the introduction to these books are anointed. I cannot encourage you enough to check them out. You can still read The Final Quest on line.

MsVan

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 8 Feb, 2010 05:04 PM

One of my favorite fantasy series. I got my nephews hooked on them as well. Good, clean, escapism from the real world. We can all use that sometime.

TanyaMontana

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 01:16 AM

The Inheritance books are AWESOME!!! I love fantasy, and those are close to the top! If you liked those, there are also the Dragonquest books by Donita K. Paul that are great to read. Also, Ted Dekker has some amazing stories! They aren't dragon books, but still quite awesome! If you have any good book suggestions, PLEASE let me know!!! I'm an avid reader and love books that range from fantasy/sci-fi to romance (Christian-I can't stand trashy stuff) to Chicken Soup to comedy to whatever is good and decent :D

View Profile
History
AWESOME BOOKS!!!
Posted : 30 Mar, 2010 07:11 PM

the door within is a great trilogy for young adults.also the left behind series is awesome.check out the babylon rising series by tim lahaye too :)