Author Thread: STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
PrinceLovesGod

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 26 Jun, 2012 03:09 PM

You are on here for a purpose, its called christian dating but why do you ignore people's messages?? Because they ain't what you are looking for or you don't think you would match or you don't like the color, race or region... is it simply because you don't find the person attractive from the picture on his or her profile??? Remember you have a reason why you have joined this website (Christian Dating) and not other worldly website ... Please, show some christian attributes; Love, pure heart, friendliness, caring and most important show some LOVE. Christian as a Christ-follower/believer should at all time be free to chat to people across the globe or establish a good friendship... Whenever you get a message; You are probably thinking... he's/she's not the guy/girl for me lol, never judge a book from its cover' and sometimes you need to forget what you want to find what you deserve'. If you truly believe in Jesus Christ then you should believe in his teachings... Blessed are the pure in heart...(Mat.5 vs 8): Be pure in your heart towards people don't ignore messages the least you can do is say HELLO. Thanks and God Bless!

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 26 Jun, 2012 05:55 PM

Amen to that Brother! :applause:

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 26 Jun, 2012 06:39 PM

This is never why I ignore messages.

I do, however, ignore messages for other reasons.

1. Nothing to reply to ("you're pretty" is not enough)

2. Not interested due to location (which is fine, btw)

3. Not interested due to some other non negotiable such as age, denomination, obvious personality differences from profile

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 29 Jun, 2012 12:06 PM

Maybe people ignore messages because they are afraid of making some one feel bad or rejected...Just a thought.

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 30 Jun, 2012 06:41 AM

I think the reason is irrelevent.

If we begin to focus on the negitive then we will become frustrated. If a Lady or gentleman does not reply then just simply move on.

We dont want to make someone communicate with us, right? We dont want to guilt people into communicating, right?

A person of integrity is a person of integrity and a person without integrity is a person without.

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 30 Jun, 2012 11:22 AM

What is really Rude is men viewing my profile over and over and never saying a Word. Duh.....

I wish there was a Block button on that. :laugh:

My age range is set and I usually answer all messages. If I am not interested I will tell the man.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 1 Jul, 2012 08:03 PM

All good advice. We all have reasons for ignoring messages. It may be we are off the network for a few days, busy with life responsibilities...sometimes I read a message and then want to think about a response...then the person is banned.

If I don't get a response to a message I send, I think of it as God's way of telling me this isn't the one for me. I also know that I can walk down the street, through my church, the store, etc, and say hi to people who don't acknowledge me in return. I'm sure I've missed responding to people who have spoken to me...not necessarily intentionally.

We should all try to be friendly, even to scammers as someone pointed out in another thread.

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 2 Jul, 2012 01:32 PM

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:God must be moving because I came to post today the same message Prince...LOL

I posted on another site this am what I am about to say here, and it is so much like what you said...

There are people on these sites that have been on here for months or years and maybe that is GOd's timing but maybe, just maybe we would do better to put on our profile just simply "looking for the one God has for me" then a list of preconceived notions of what he or she will be like!!

Read your mail, pray about it and resond to your mail, what if like PRince said above, instead of looking at the photo only and hitting delete, we took a minute to ask if thier profile reflects Jesus and moves our hearts to get to know them better, if for some reason you are 100% sure you couldnt be with then take the time to thank them for contacting you!!! IT took a lot for them to take time to read your profile and send you a note. If there is a chance you could get to know their soul in a conversation past the photo, ask them to tell you more. It could lead to a love for you or maybe even you could hook them with someone you know. Way to go PRince, and teh Holy Spirit, I think this message needed to be heard...we are brothers and sisters here...we should all remember that:) Blessings, Amy:angel:

Apostelle

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 8 Jul, 2012 01:16 PM

If I receive a message, I always reply.

BeautifulD

View Profile
History
STOP IGNORING MESSAGES
Posted : 6 Sep, 2012 08:15 AM

I don't have a problem showing christianly love and responding to messages, my problem is, even if I say I'm not interested, many times, the fact that I responded makes the other person think I'm interested. I've also received abuse from males because I've told them I'm not interested, or sent them the generic " thank you for your interest " reply. I'd rather stay away from the abuse and just ignore the message. I know all men won't struggle to take no for an answer, but I'd prefer not to take the risk.