Author Thread
PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Looks or Character?
Posted : 27 Jul, 2012 09:52 AM

:stop:After all I have been through in an abusive marriage to a Pastor for 15 years, the answer is character for me...

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder and i pray to Behold the beauty of a Christ centered man and I for mutual attraction in the marriage I hope and pray for but it must first come from being spiritually compatable and for me that means that He love Jesus and the lost and lives like Jesus to the best he can, that he strives to be gentle, tender, a lover of the orphan, the widow, and the woman at the well, a lover of what is good and right and Holy.

A good Samaritan to all he meets. A man who has a heart for women who have been used and abused and thrown away, a man who feels that God's words that women are the weaker gender, means not that we are less in value but rather that we are precious gems to be protected and stood up for when men are out for sex or to be treated like cattle and dominated or to otherwise hurt them. I mean not just the woman he hopes to love, but he stands in his church as a brother who protects women and children and has no problem speaking to a man boldy and with courage to protect women and children whenever the moment arises in or out of his church body!!!!

This man,:hearts: the attractiveness of this man to me would be the equivelant of Matthew Mchauney, Nick Cage, and Will Smith all rolled into one. My marriage with this man would not only be full of love and tenderness but our intimate moments would be something even Hollywood couldnt replicate...LOL:ROFL::angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
But she�s a pompous, selfish, arrogant �princess� ...
Posted : 27 Jul, 2012 09:34 AM

Very refreshing to hear a brother caring for a woman's soul in this way. Blessings to you sir, I think when a man approaches a woman to witness to her and care for her and not just approach her in a relationship sence, wow, what a witness, you are being Jesus to her, think of the woman at the well and how she must have felt when a Man, different then all others she had seen in her life, approached her to warn her of her path and give her love and Mercy from heaven:) :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Sorry I offended you.
Posted : 25 Jul, 2012 09:46 AM

Sister:

I think it is important to remember that when you are using the internet, it is so different then communicating with body language and eye contact. :excited: It really is easy for anyone to get offended because you may be making a joke, and someone thinks you are serious but cant see facial expressions or hear voice inflection or anything, then add to that the fact that most of us are typing fast, get some typos in there and maybe dont proof read...and :boxing:an offense is made :nahnah: LOL AN offense is easier to find online, that has been my personal experience. I think even romance talk can be inferred now and then even when it is not there, it can look like fliritng or flirting may be missed.:hearts: I think that is why we have these little emotocons to help us be sure our message gets across although they are a little wierd:) :ROFL:

:angel: JUst wanted to remind brothers and sisters that we are dealing with a different form of communication then face to face and there are challenges to that sometimes. :rolleyes:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Would date this woman?
Posted : 24 Jul, 2012 10:45 AM

Gionna jump in here guys:) You are all so great for being a light to other men:):applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I had this happen to me, his profile said divorced on another site and he acted like he was, and said he was interested in me and was local, so then we texted for a day or so and I told him I wanted to go the phone level, he said well we can just be friends for now sweetie< my divorce isnt final!!!! I was like what you are sitll married, I refused to contact anymore because even once he is divorced, he lied to me!!! He made all sorts of excuses like he didnt have time to tell me and made it seem as if I was over reacting, and said there was not box for separated...LOL there is a reason for that, separated=married to a Christian, otherwise you are walking on a path to adultery of the heart.:angel:

This is a world view problem that has crept into the church I think, sad. Bible said we are separate from the World.

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Other than sex, what would make you feel really loved in marriage.
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 12:05 PM

My ex could never be tender, at least with me, I would want to feel loved by being held, held when we are watching TV, held when I cry, held after intimacy and hugged and kissed when we are not being intimate as well.

Also being valued as a co-heir to the Kindom of Heaven, being seen by him as intelligent and with a lot to offer, and he would tell me so.

good question :):angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Beauty is Fleeting...Charm is Deceptive...What does this mean to you??
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 12:00 PM

:angel:Sisters, yes it means to me all the things the two of you wrote and I did not know about the Prince, that is quite beautiful as I have a son:)

That verse so speaks to me that even though my body is aging at 40, and on earth will never be young again!! - my Soul, my heart in Jesus is getting better all the time, as I grow in the Holy Spirit and God's teachings at my church and in the word and ...as iron sharpens iron (scripture)...from my brothers and sisters in fellowship, but the most beautiful my soul will ever be is Praising the Name of the One who made me, calls me by my name and gave His Son to die for me, Praising the Name of the One TRiune God who has my name in the Lambs Book of Life...

I think this also goes for men, because vanity can plague any of us sometimes, but my friend and I see a group of men at church in a family and we agree that it is so powerful and lovely to watch these 3 men with thier hands surrendored in Praise to their God!! Men often think their attraction comes in muscles, or their car, or their money, or their handsome face, but there is nothing more tender and lovely then seeing God's people Praising God:) :angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
Beauty is Fleeting...Charm is Deceptive...What does this mean to you??
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:51 AM

Proverbs 31:30

:hearts:Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting but a woman who fears the Lord should be praised.

What does this mean to you,what does it mean in your past, your present, your future?:angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
What's your passion in life?
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 11:45 AM

Raising my Children, Loving the Lord, Praying for a Godly Husband to do all of that above with, serving together...those are my Passions...Faith and Family:angel:

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
ICEBREAKER-JUST FOR FUN-NO DEBATE :) 5 sentences or less
Posted : 15 Jul, 2012 11:35 AM

Thanks for having fun...LOL

I guess I will answer to keep things going on here...

Food: coffee it just smells so good and is so irristable so I would want to be coffee.

teen hearthrob for me: :hearts: Michael Jackson pinned up all over my wallpaper:) LOL I even had the doll worth 9.00 today...LOL

Star Trek: A Klingon, sadly, I go for the bruit with the big heart...LOL Warf would be my man...what a voice LOL:hearts:

Candy: the candy lupsticks at the dimestore

Hair Color: Red, I am a light brown and have mostly stayed that hair color over the years but now and then I love to be a red head if even for a few months;)

Toys: Stuffed animals and baby dolls LOL

goofiest thing on date: Played on a playground, kissed in a tube slide and rolled down a hill together...3 different dates 20 years ago - 3 different men, the hill was my ex husbamd.

awkard question I was asked on date

: are you letting your dog kiss you on the mouth...I was 17, give me a break...he broke up with me over it too...LOL

PrincessofRedeemer

View Profile
ICEBREAKER-JUST FOR FUN-NO DEBATE :) 5 sentences or less
Posted : 14 Jul, 2012 10:19 PM

HEY WOULD BE SO GOOD TO HAVE A JUST FOR FUN FORUM WITH SILLY AND FUN QUESTIONS, NOT DEBATES, ALTHOUGH i ENJOY THESE DISCUSSIONS, IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET TO KNOW SOME GODLY MEN THROUGH HUMOR AND FUN AND BEING THEMSELVES.

ex....iF YOU WERE TO DATE AN ALIEN FROMS STAR TREK WOULD YOU DATE A VULCAN, A kINGON, OR SOMETHING ELSE AND WHY...lol

EX...What would you do if you were the last person on Earth

ex...what food would you be and why?

ex...when no one is looking...what toys do you play with in the toystore...LOL

ex...if you could die your hair any color...what would it be and give reason..

ex...what candy was your favorite when you were little?

ex...what star did you have a crush on when you were a teenager?

ex..what is the goofiest thing you have ever done on a date?

ex ...what is the most awkard question you have ever been asked on a date?:ROFL:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5