Author Thread: Soulmate
Admin

Soulmate
Posted : 28 Jun, 2012 09:11 AM

Many Profiles state seeking my Soulmate.

There is no such thing as a Soulmate! There are several choices for a good mate/spouse. Often times people feel there is only One person out there for them. However, it is all about Choice and which Person is the Best choice for them.

There are Plenty Christian people, so why wait and take chance of passing up a good someone, while you are still waiting on Your so called " Soul mate!"

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 29 Jun, 2012 12:05 AM

I do believe in Soulmate. True,there are many who made n makes the wrong choices. But, when we seek God first to lead to the right person- that is Soul-mate. I am waiting for that day when I'd finally have that peace in my heart when my Mr Right walks in. Thats my opinion of soul-mate.

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 29 Jun, 2012 06:25 AM

Yes. Soulmates are silly, and often misconstrued.

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 30 Jun, 2012 11:34 AM

Some of these same people looking or divorced, some had live In...mates; Yet they are on here looking for their Soul mate. Why didnt they wait for the Soul mate!!!

I am just saying......

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 11:52 AM

ExceedingJoy I get where you are coming from and godsgirl you are right the term is misconstrued.

There are many people that we are compatible with many we could happily marry and live forever and ever amen lol.

But when I think of such matters I think of Jeremiah 29:11, God brought me upon this earth for a purpose, he already conceived the plan and put it into motion and if part of His plan is that I be married it is not for my selfish gain but as a part of ministry that He ordained. See when we give our lives to Christ we do just that give our lives to Him to do exactly what He intended before the beginning of time.

If there was not just one man for me to fulfill my ministry unto the Lord I would not need the Lord's direction in this area and just pick anyone that I wanted or desired. For those who search for this soulmate and have either been divorced or separated I cannot rightly speak for them that is something they need to reason out with the Lord.

Great post by the way.

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 10 Jul, 2012 01:38 PM

Many people do not give their lives to Christ as a Child, Teen or Young adult before age 25. So, many have already chose a husband and married but unfortuately it only lasted a few years or maybe 20 yrs. Now they are seeking a mate after divorce are livin partner. On these Christian date sites everyone is not single never been married or had have not had a boyfriend by age 25. Many have been through love and heart aches.

We should always have God at the Center of our life and consult him in all our Steps .

:angel:

lovemefaithfullly

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 11 Jul, 2012 07:17 PM

I totally agree to what "CuriousAisha" said. I defined 'soul mate' as God's choice for me whatever the hindrance and circumstance/s are; he will then walk in and come into my life. Of course, trusting God fully and seek the Lord first to guide you to the right person and be guided by the holy spirit of the Lord completely.

As said: "Delight yourself into the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 01:22 AM

ExceedingJoy. There is a difference between having a boyfriend/girlfriend and being married. Ive had girlfriends but have never been married. If you divorce, except for adultery, and remarry, you are an adulterer according to God. If you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, break up with them, then have another, it is not adultery. People who think that having a girlfriend/boyfriend is the same as being married need to have their heads examined.

My brother and his wife married in their late teens and have been married for almost 30 years. My mother married when she was 17 and divorced because my father cheated. My maternal grandmother married when she was 17 (1941) and and remained faithful until her death in 1986. My paternal grandmother married when she was 18 and remained married until my grandfather's death in 1958. She never remarried. My mother's first cousin was 13 when she married. Her husband was 16, and no, it was not a "shotgun wedding". She remained faithful until his death from cancer, more than 35 years after their wedding.

Remember, the mother of Christ was a teenager when she received her blessing from all accounts.

One problem I have always had with the term "soulmate" is that souls do not mate/marry. There is neither male or female in Heaven, nor is their giving and taking in marriage.

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 10:21 AM

LOL. I don't think either that souls marry:) but I take the term "SOULMATE" as a depth way of describing the one and only one God meant just for me. I believe in the existence of that ONE AND ONLY ONE-MY SOULMATE<3<3<3

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 12 Jul, 2012 07:03 PM

Apostelle

I liked your comments, wonder how many here agree.

Often times "So called Christians" have these boyfriends and girlfriends.

View Profile
History
Soulmate
Posted : 15 Aug, 2012 08:54 AM

Hmmm......Soulmate

Jesus has taught us that Love is an action. We are to treat our mate with the utmost respect, putting their needs above our own. Be their defender and supporter. To give unconditionally of ourselves.

Now that is somewhat easier to do when we are also feel an attraction to someone. But that attraction can increase or decrease depending on the strength of the relationship.

If our lives were predestined there wouldn't be any need to pray. I believe God has a vision for what He wants us to do with our lives, but we have free will so the path we take is winding.

I don't think there is "one" specific person for each of us. I do believe that the person who is put into our lives is there to draw out of us the character flaws which keep us from being all that God wants us to be.But no one told us that and that is why relationships are so hard.

. In order for me to have the relationship with God that He commands, I have to be made ready to fulfill Gods wishes. It is the unknowing responsibility of the spouse to bring about the changes in us to make that happen.

Praise Jesus Christ in all that we do! I am so Blessed to be living in Redemption!