Author Thread: Where are the Virtuous LADIES
mlthomas

View Profile
History
Where are the Virtuous LADIES
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 03:38 AM

Proverbs 31 says who can find a Virtuous women? I see there has been alot of attention being placed on the men about being Men I here you ladies.

Well are you a Virtuous lady? if so Explain to us men how you Govern your life NOW not how you could if you were in a relationship. If us men were to get a report of your personal life style on your job, at home,at church,in your community what will the results be?

Could it be that the ladies that are having the most problems with Men are attracting What there heart is full of.

You can not think there are NO good men out there and expect to get a good one.

Back to my Question ARE YOU A VIRTUOUS LADY AND IF YOU ARE US MEN WANT TO HERE FROM YOU.:peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 05:11 AM

Hello mlthomas! Nice to meet you.

I figured the question would be reversed! As it should be! LOL! I will try to answer your question as honestly as possible.

Report from work - I think my coworkers would say that I am very diligent in my job. I treat my patients how I would want my family treated, with respect and the best medical care possible. I try to make all my patients smile (those that aren't unresponsive! lol). Younger/newer coworkers tend to want to work with me and learn from me. I try to set a good example to everyone. It is hard for a woman to work EMS because it is considered a "Man's Job", but I have done so for 11 years. I have a good reputation. (it is hard to answer these questions! you're making me think! lol!)

Report from home - Well, I live by myself, but I take care of my kitty cat, Dini. She would give you a good report! lOL! If you came inside my house, you would find that it is clean, laundry is always kept up, there might be some dishes in the sink, you will not smell the litterbox. LOL! You will find houseplants because I like them and right now I've got some seeds growing for my garden. I work a full-time job and a part-time job, so I have to come along and straighten up clutter on my days off. I'd hope I wouldn't have to work so much if I were a wife, but we're not supposed to talk about that, sorry.

Report from church - Well, my church as split up. I'm currently looking for new church to attend.

Report from my community - This one is tricky. Some that don't know me now, would say that I used to be a heathen. But, if you spoke with my friends, they would tell you that I have come a long way. God has put me in the fire, turned up the heat, and skimmed off the impurities from the top. I will not deny any of my past because it has made me who I am today. My friends and coworkers ask me for advice, if that means anything to you. They would tell you I am a woman of my word, because that means a lot to me.

Now, am I a virtuous lady? I think that I'm a work in progress. I have virtues, does that make me virtuous? I think it would be in the eye of the beholder. I am not perfect at all. I don't like talking about myself like this, but I asked Leon to post it to the guys, so I guess that means I have to open up myself. LOL!

There is much, much more to know about me, but, of course, there is no way to really explain oneself online.

If you really want references, I will be glad to give them!! LOL!! Just kidding.

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 08:29 AM

Brother Mike! Great question and comments. But the tone of the other post was my fault, I was trying to draw out some of our young brothers. It worked, a few of them came forward to post, and I was glad to see it.

I just get tired of seeing the posts with guys complaining about women not contacting them first, and how they don't see why the man should lead. So, I am the one to blame for that post.

Not that I don't think the ladies should have to be accountable as well, I do believe they should. But I truly believe that if a man will lead, they will follow. I don't mean lead by being a jerk, but by being a man.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:24 PM

I been reading and learning the definitions about these gifts the lord gives to a woman of God. The Lord sure is good and has many gifts for his beloveds. I have been praying and asking as David prayed in psalms 51 I believe I am in the process of getting a clean heart (and spirit) I dont feel the need to wonder about with what I should be to a man right now. I think if it comes to that he will indeed know if I am or not if it be real. God bless bluereyes

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:37 PM

BLUEREYES,

That sound good and all but a Virtuous women seek only to please God and in doing that she please her husband. And as a single women if you only seek to please JESUS you will be the Virtuous women that will attract a Godly Man that is looking for a Godly Wife.

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:41 PM

bluereyes, Please forgive me for the tone of my responce to your post. I read it and thought that it could or may come across wrong.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 01:43 PM

Come one ladies!! :yay:

I don't want to be the only one on this post that has spilled my guts! LOL!!

The guys went through it, so can we! :boxing:

Work with me girls!! :prayingm:

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:38 PM

Where are the virtuous women? Brother Mike, I would like to think there are virtuous woman all around, yet many are often overlook, such is the case of good men. Looking at the Proverbs 31 woman can be some what intimidating because the girl really has her stuff together. She�s learned how to have real balance in her life. Would I consider myself a virtuous woman? Yes, although I�m not as diversified as she, I try to have integrity in my relationships with others, work hard, and be a responsible steward of the gifts, talents, abilities, and resources that God has given. I try to walk in obedience to God�s word. What I like most about the description of this Proverbs 31 woman is that it speaks nothing of her physical characteristics but all about her character. You can find this woman in any race, shape or size. I think that we subconsciously attract what we feel we deserve or what is familiar. And by no means are we bashing men, I salute all my good Christian brothers; however, in my little part of the world I don�t come across masses of them but I do believe they exist.

existlookingup

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2009 01:40 AM

I'm a confident girl, and I think virtuous can seem a little intimidating. I know that I am a sinner and I also know that more than anything I want to please God. So I will try and make my case...

I am constantly reevaluating my relationship with God. Am I growing, what weaknesses am I starting to rely on, or gaining victory in, is my heart resistant to his word, are there things I resist praying about? When I see these things in my life I get help for them. I am stronger when I have the support of my church community, friends, and family. I let them speak into my life. I have sought counseling when necessary to work on how to communicate, or deal with past hurts.

I have made it a priority to create a relationship with both my parents, something I never thought could be done. They are now two of my closest friends, and I see them every week. I realized after God helped me to forgive them, I was able to forgive anything. God is always bigger than the hurt other people can cause. I know now how to turn to God in my pain, forgive people, and create safe relationships.

In my church I am in a ministry that walks with people going through recovery. Recovery with drugs and alcohol, but also sexual abuse, affairs, depression, mental illness, and more. Through this I have learned how to be vulnerable with other people in community. How to love those who have been rejected by the church as �bad� Christians. Who love God, but struggle with their own painful childhoods. In this I realize we all struggle. Sometimes we do get angry with God. I have learned much compassion from these brave people.

I used to tend to be legalistic, mainly from my religion not relationship upbringing. I used to judge people: non virgins, people who drank alcohol (not even to get drunk), Christians who didn�t go to church faithfully....because I was following the rules I felt I had the right to judge. The good news is, if you are always asking God to make you more Christ-like He will. I can honestly say...I hold no judgement for anyone. God calls us to rebuke one another, but He strongly comes against us judging non-believers. If anything we should have compassion and pray, we never know what grief and childhood they�ve been through.

Does this all make me virtuous? I feel any argument I make will always fall short! There is always more to learn, more to be taught, sometimes.. more sitting with Someone who loves me and has died for me, and letting that love transform me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2009 05:51 PM

Hello,

Okay, here it is: I will not be perfect until I get to Heaven, however I am being perfected every day that I choose to submit my will to Him. Am I a virtuous woman? Yes, because in all that I do I seek to bring glory to my King. I believe in being a doer of the word and keeping His commandments including being sexually abstinent until marriage, and submitting to my future husband.

My church family would call me generous and an encourager of the saints, always exhorting believers to be all that they can be for Christ. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, and am a bold witness for Him in my community and the prison where I work.

I know that I am a work in progress and have a long way to go in my walk, but I am quick to confess my sin, repent, and try to do better.

May our Lord continue to change me and grow me up to the strong woman of God that He desires me to be.

Blessings, Lydia