Author Thread: My 'Weight Loss' Story...
Admin

My 'Weight Loss' Story...
Posted : 9 Aug, 2012 11:17 PM

I grew up in Lorena, Texas, which is just outside of Waco. I was born and raised there until about 5 years ago when I moved up here in September of 2007. And here is my story�

I used to be obese. I�m not sure exactly how big I got, but at one point I know I weighed over 340 pounds. I know I weighed at least that much because in the summer of 2007, I was 20 years old, right before I moved up here, me and my brother went to the mall. While we were walking around, I noticed a weight scale, and out of curiosity I figured why not. That was when I found out that I weighed 340 pounds. And honestly, that wasn�t really an eye opener for me. I mean I knew I was big, I had been for awhile, so I was used to it, although it was a little surprising to see such a big number on the scale. Also, I had a 42 inch waist. My eating habits were horrible. It was fairly normal for me to have about 4 meals a day while doing little to no exercise, and that doesn�t include the snacks I would have on a daily basis as well.

Now here I am about 5 years later, I�m 25, I weigh about 215, and I can fit into 34� waist jeans, but it is a little snug, haha. I used to be a personal trainer, but I bet you can�t guess why, haha. I did have my eye opener, it just didn�t occur until June of 2008. I was at a friend�s house and I saw they had a scale so again I figured why not. I knew I had lost some weight, but I was shocked when I saw the numbers 266 appear on the scale. I mean I had kind of been working out, but a big thing that changed was my eating habits. I was eating only 3 meals a day, it was a lot less then I was used to eating, and I had pretty much cut out the snacks.

During this 5 year span, something else I found out that absolutely had to change was my attitude. In high school, I was the heavy kid at the back of the class that didn�t think he was worth anyone�s time, was ashamed of himself, and didn�t even have enough confidence in himself to go up and talk to a girl that he considered attractive because the first thing that went through his mind was, �Well why would she want to talk to someone as pathetic as me? What�s the point?� Now, while my thinking has dramatically changed, it is still continuing to change. I mean, I understand now more than ever the meaning of the phrase, �Attitude is the hinge the door of your destiny swings on.� I understand that my attitude has a lot to do with where I will go in life. I mean, like the saying goes, �whether you think you can or whether you think you can�t you�re right.� I have to think that I can or it will never happen, or as my pastor, Pastor Keith puts it, �Improvement that is Constant And Never ending (I-CAN).� I remember hearing that �I-CAN� phrase at one of the Mighty Men�s breakfast�s and it just stuck in my head. I also understand that you can be in the right situation with the right people, but if you don�t have the right attitude, then what will be accomplished? Like my situation where my dad got a job at 24 hour fitness and I get a free membership because he works there. He�s also been working out for several years, so he�s got the knowledge I need to lose weight. So even though I was in the right situation with the right people, if I decide I don�t want to change, that I don�t want to better myself, then I don�t get the chance to be who I want to be and do what I want to do and share my story with other people. But most importantly, I don�t get to do what God wants me to do, or be who He wants me to be. I hope that now I can take my story and inspire people to make a change in their life, whether it has to do with health or not. Oh and the best part about my story is that it�s not over yet. I've posted some before and after pics below, hopefully they appear. If not, I have my before and after pic on my facebook, just let me know if you want to see it and I'll add you on facebook. Let me know what you guys and gals think.<photo id="1" /><photo id="2" /><photo id="3" /><photo id="4" /><photo id="5" />

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Aug, 2012 08:54 AM

I can see the pictures did not load so I have my before and after pics posted on my profile.

AHeartUnderWords

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2012 08:05 AM

This is an awesome testimony, man! Keep up the good work!

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2012 09:42 AM

Thanks, appreciate it...

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Aug, 2012 09:01 AM

What an amazing story! Very inspirational! Good for you for not giving up, I know it couldn't have been easy. Way to go!

nbryan

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2012 02:42 PM

Wow that is awesome. Congratulations! God bless! :applause: :D