Author Thread: am I not ready?
Admin

am I not ready?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 04:45 PM

I have been divorced for over 7 years and I haven't dated in almost that long,It's not that I don't want to, I just haven't found anyone I am interested in who feels the same about me.What am I doing wrong?

View Profile
History
am I not ready?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 04:32 PM

Hi, ryanbinphoenix.

I appreciate your courage to pose such a question. I'm not going to add too much more than what milliejoe contributed, but to say this...If it's a Christ-centered relationship you are seeking, and you are praying for the Lord's blessing and timing for it, then you know you are truly ready to embark on a new romance when your primary motive is to serve the other person. Jesus was the perfect example of this. He came to serve and to sacrifice Himself for His Beloved.(ie, you, me) Since the men are likened to Christ in relationships, you should do a heart check to find out if you're eager for a mate to satisfy your desires, or if it's to please God by having a mate to partner with you to bring glory to God. Losing weight, smoking cessation will help prolong your life, but it's your spiritual walk, your worship and intimacy with the Lord that will help everything else fall into place. My pastor always says, "when your vertical relationship is tight, then your horizontals will be right." Peace and blessings.

View Profile
History
am I not ready?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 04:47 PM

Singer

Good post! I like your pastors saying too.

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
am I not ready?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 05:28 PM

Lydia! Hey, girl!! What's up?

Blessings to you and thanks for always havin' my back!

Peace,

Jocelyn.

Page : 1 2