Author Thread: Dating mulitple persons...
Admin

Dating mulitple persons...
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 01:53 PM

Would like to know what is considered appropriate in the early stages of getting to know someone.

Is it alright ~ and even perhaps the norm ~ to be available for seeing more than one person ~ as long as all parties involved are aware that there is as yet no exclusivity?

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:25 PM

Honesty is always the best policy!! As long as all parties are aware of the situation, we're adults.

Relationships are hard to define. It seems like some people require labels; sometimes I can be this person. When I"m feeling this way, an honest conversation is always nice. I would much rather know the God's Honest truth as to be deceived in the least. Even if it's going to hurt my feelings. Respect can still be salvaged.

With love,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:30 PM

Hello my sister,

It's all about honesty, if the persons that you are in the early stages of getting to know are aware that you are also getting to know others, than I see no problem.

I personally prefer to focus on one at a time, so that I can really spend the time needed to find out who they are and build a bond of friendship first. If I am really interested in a man, I would just like to focus on him exclusively. Just my two cents.

Love and blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 02:57 PM

I'm a one-at-a-timer too. But I know many good people that can talk to several potential mates at one time. I reckon I'm just not that talented! LOL!

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 05:57 PM

I would say as long as you can keep everybody straight (meaning no mix up in details about each person, you�re honest and it�s mutually agreeable then it�s a go.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2009 06:07 PM

Cindy,

I can think of nothing wrong with it as long as all parties are aware and agreeable to it. I personally would not do that, but it is a personal choice.

To me, the only reason for me to pursue a woman is for marriage, and since marriage is mutually exclusive, why not the pursuit of that marriage? That is just me, and I would not try to hold you, or anyone else, to that standard. It is just how I conduct myself.

Love and grace,

Leon

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 07:49 AM

I agree with Leon. I've personally never dated multiple people, but I have liked a few women at once. There is the strong possibility that your heart will be divided. When things are divided, the strength in itself is diluted. I couldn't truly like someone 100% when 20 of that is somewhere else.

If all the people are involved know, then I guess it's ok. For myself, the level of exclusiveness I show now will manifest itself when I get married later. A man reaps what he sows. My heart and these eyes can only take one person at a time.

Gregg

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 08:45 AM

Bigeekybear,

I agree, an excellent answer. Welcome to the forum posts!

Blessings,Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Mar, 2009 04:31 PM

Thank you for all the great replies. And for the record, I too am in agreement with only dating one person at a time.

The reason I posed the question was because of a suggestion that perhaps I should considerthe idea. It really wasn't something that 'set well' in my spirit though.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2009 10:29 AM

Could only pray more people were honest adults about this. I ran into a serial-dater who was just dating men for free dinners. It's one thing if someone is on here to make new friends, and another for some who are legitimately looking for a spouse.

Those who juggle a few men/women at once however are just causing others harm if not being honest about it. There are those people who are just happy perpetually dating, although it isn't what God had in mind for any of us.

Good book I'd recommend for anyone who finds the whole dating scene rather daft; "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by Joshua Harris who is a christian author offering biblical truths as to why dating can be such a mess for many: it's not biblical.

Have a great day and God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 10:29 PM

I read the book "i kissed dating goodbye" was for it due to the scriptural backing; then along came "i gave dating a chance" by ( i forget) josh harris also wrote another "boy meets girl" also great.

I like you're response about marry to date for life. Believe family and friends should be involved too, especially an older couple perhaps married for a number of years who can give each advice and counsel. Able to pick out character traits that the couple may need to address.

Page : 1 2