Author Thread: JEWISH BELIEVERS
Admin

JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 24 Oct, 2012 06:21 PM

Hello, I'm a jewish believer. If you are a jewish believer too post here!

G-d bless!!!

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 25 Oct, 2012 01:07 AM

Isn't that a contradiction? I'll admit ignorance up front, but for a Jew everything revolves around Mosaic law, whereas for Christians it's Jesus crucified, no? Of course, I'm probably over simplifying things, but the very first believers also struggled with this 'identity crisis', fully believing in Christ as their salvation, yet wondering where that left them with the obligations of the law - indeed it caused much sharp debate! I wonder at what point they decided they no longer counted as Jews but something entirely new?

I'm not saying this to in any way attack or doubt your faith, and having (presumably) been brought up as a Jew you will have some unique insights to things in the bible that frankly we don't understand, or miss the significance of - my question is, at what point does a Jew cease to be Jewish and identifies himself as Christian? How much belief is needed?

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 25 Oct, 2012 03:59 PM

Jewish can also mean "of Jewish blood", dude, like the Apostles. Take a peek at Acts 6 - Luke mentions Jewish disciples in there.

I'm not a Jew myself *cough*, so I'm just gonna walk out of this thread.

Peace :-)

KiwiMav

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 11 Nov, 2012 06:02 PM

Don't mess with the stiff necked people of God ;)

Yup my father is Jewish. Really handy to crack out if someone is being racist to you, because they no longer treat you as white! Or it could be that they have experienced hardship as a people and appreciate that Jews have two.

KiwiMav

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 11 Nov, 2012 06:03 PM

Don't mess with the stiff necked people of God ;)

Yup my father is Jewish. Really handy to crack out if someone is being racist to you, because they no longer treat you as white! Or it could be that they have experienced hardship as a people and appreciate that Jews have two.

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 18 Nov, 2012 04:29 AM

Jews are not under the Mosaic Laws only the ten commandments and belief and faith in Jesus! Jesus explained when he said he came to fulfill the Law! Faith without works is dead and works without faith is dead, the Law is believe in Jesus let him change you from within and you will not want to sin thus you will keep the commandments naturally! if you do make a mistake turn away and remit it to the lord straight away, that's why Jesus explained all have sinned and fell short of our Father Gods glory so we all need our Lord Jesus Christ.

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 22 Nov, 2012 05:40 PM

'Jew' identifies not just a religion, dkj255, but the race too. I'm not quite sure when they began to stop being called 'Hebrew' and became called 'Jew' all the time, but people can be Jewish without following the Jewish religion. :)

There is a group of Jews called 'Jews for Jesus'; some of them are hysterically funny when they go around preaching. I love listening to them. There was also a Jewish woman in my church, until she was married and began attending the Christian church her Jewish husband was attending. So, yes -- Jews can be Christians.

Philipian

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 25 Nov, 2012 08:48 AM

Industrious, you made some good and notable points. I believe Jesus died for both Jews and the Greeks. Eph 2:14 : For he is our peace - Jesus Christ has died for both Jews and Gentiles, and has become a peace-offering.

Philipian

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 25 Nov, 2012 08:54 AM

DKJ255, thanks for your unrelenting insight into the truth of the Word and Grace Divine. I will hang on your word in the last that says, "At what point does a Jew begin to see himself no more as a Jew but a christian?"

I think that's remarkable. Remarkable cos according to my words in reply to Industrious post, Christ had died for all Mankind including the Jews. So I believe the position and the stage is set for a Jew to see himself as a Jew and more GLORIOUSLY a CHRISTIAN, the very minute he accepts and take up the REDEMPTIVE work of CHRIST as his and follow on in it.

Until then, he will continue to see himself as a JEW and NOT CHRISTIAN. Remember a boy will call himself a MAN one day, when he gets to the point where he begins to see himself do the things of a MAN! Until then, he hangs on to his knowledge of himself as a BOY!

ArwenArwen

View Profile
History
JEWISH BELIEVERS
Posted : 26 Jun, 2013 01:03 PM

Hi Daniel, are you ever online since you opened this forum? I recognize some of your experience as I grew up in J'lem. Would you consider yourself a messianic jew?

I spent a longer period in Brazil twice, and love the fact that I still get to work on urban issues in the country. Curious about how you fill in christianity with your knowledge of the old testament and ideas on justice. As for us we always kept on celebrating shabat!

If you are online, feel free to drop a message via the inbox.

Ciao