Author Thread: Are we to picky,will we be single forever?
Admin

Are we to picky,will we be single forever?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2009 07:58 PM

I have been thinking about how hard it is to find someone who is on the same page with us on spiritual matters. If you believe in the spiritual gifts you would not want to marry someone who does not. And likewise if you are an Armenian you may not want to marry a Calvinist. We all would like to find someone who shares our beliefs.

This can be very difficult to find.

Will we make it impossible by adding a laundry list of physical requirements also. Tall dark and handsome maybe? A barbie doll? What's on your list? The truth is we all have one. But will we put that list aside, should we meet someone who possesses the spiritual qualities that we desire? Would you be willing to give up the physical requirements to get the spiritual?

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Mar, 2009 06:36 AM

Everything,

An excellent answer my sister!

God bless, Lydia

everythingnice10

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 06:26 PM

Thank you Lydia, I'm Maria by the way.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 06:45 PM

Hi Maria!

God bless, Lydia

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 May, 2009 04:07 PM

You make it sound as if there is something wrong with being single forever? Wouldn't that be much better than marrying the wrong type of person, suffering through a marriage, and thus being tempted by all sorts of other women/men who are a much better fit, and thus being tempted to cheat. This often ends in divorce and messing up kids and their future, too.

I'd rather never be married then to take the chance of that. I also would consider that more selfish, too. It is much more selfless to not date nor marry someone who doesn't turn you on physically, mentally, spiritually, and interest wise, as well as having the Headship-submission roles for a truly godly marriage.

Mark

Page : 1 2