Author Thread: WELL Hi here's a piece of my heart
CrystalKC

View Profile
History
WELL Hi here's a piece of my heart
Posted : 21 Dec, 2012 08:15 AM

I pray for a man that can deal with God being the head of my life and encourage me in this. Who will be a Godly example of a man/father/husband to my daughter.

I came to Christ in submission 3 and a half years ago. after running. I was married and my husband started going to church with me to please me. He never committed just played a part and made me believe he was running the same race as I was. Then one day last year he told me he didn't believe in God and didn't care and couldn't keep pretending. We had been having problems differences on parenting and he started working more and more late. avoiding me and the whole situation. I started reading this book the power of a praying wife, everyday I would read study and pray and commit him and our marriage to prayer. Then one day it exploded i said one thing he heard something else. he said he wanted a divorce. I asked what could we do to fix our relationship? what could i change? what could he? He told me the only thing I could change was my faith. My faithfullness and the going to church. and he knew i couldn't so it didn't matter .he said there was nothing for him to change. period.

I have been single, since. I chose God . I choose GOD and I want his will in my life if this is to be as a single mother , I will praise him and keep trusting/ in him. If he chooses to put a faithful man after his own heart in my life I will praise him and keep trusting in him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2012 04:16 AM

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I can relate with a marriage of unequal yoking.

Be sure God will grow and protect you through this as you continue to surrender to His will for your life.

I would encourage you to seek out scripture pertaining to your situation and learn for your self Gods will for your sitiuation.

Their is much confusion even with church leaders.

Be blessed

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Dec, 2012 04:42 AM

Men really do not like conflict and a man will avoid conflict with his wife by working late.

You made a vow to your husband and now more than ever you have to remain commited to your vow to him. You can do this by listening to him.

I think somehow your faith and you standing for your faith is creating conflict he does not know how to resolve. This does not have to be so.

Your first duty as a wife is to your husband and family not church. You can still have a relationship with God and not be imersed in church activities.

The bible tells wives of unbelieving husbands how to win them.

Probally also your husband had some interaction with someone who violated his trust in your church and this hurt him deeply. He is not going to say because he is feeling insecure and men do not like that felling of helplessness.

It is your job as his wife to build him up. He needs your support and commitment. He needs your respect more than ever even if you have difficulty respecting him ask God and He will give you ways to show respect.

I see your cry for help and God is answering through me.

You can do this not in your power but by Gods mighty right arm.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2012 12:25 PM

Greetings sister!

One of the most heart wrenching things that can happen to a couple is one of them truly find Jesus while the other come along for the ride. Color me in the same boat. I had mine turn on me when I began to take the bible seriously and try to guide our home in a godly manner after the written word. She abandoned the home in favor of continuing in a church that preaches lies every week including that God is OK with her doing so since she is just a sinner saved by grace.

May the Lord Jesus Christ bring unto you a godly man who has no issue with a wife who loves and follows after truth!

In Jesus Name,

U.S.

CrystalKC

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2012 09:43 PM

I understand what you are saying and yes it is/ was my job as a wife to build him up and even as an unbeleiver .I have to say I did try and work toward this end. I prayed and i still pray for him to come to know Christ's love and to submit and commit . I do not feel ashamed because of this failed marriage I am not happy with how it ended and I loved him so very much my heart still aches that it is to be how it is especially considering we have a child who now has to grow up with a broken family. However he chose to leave I cannot change, i cannot deny Christ for any man just to see if it would work out. It was not the being in church that was the root of the problem and i whole heartedly believe that as a christian we should be highly involved in church no not the building or the activities but the body to surround yourselves with fellow believers to build each other up to be involved in each others lives intercede on each others behalf to be they body and hold each other e and keep pointing to Christ. so yes i try to be faithfull in church and when he was at this point of saying he did not believe in God at all and was just going to make me happy all that time i had two sides and the enemy did tempt me to consider not going to church or being in bible study and yes for a few weeks i was hurt and didn't attend I sat at my table in the word prayed hard at all time sna d then I just felt that God would be better glorified in me taking my faith standing up and standing firm in him. so i went back to church i tried to spend time with my husband tried to encourage him to spend time with me and our daughter. he chose other things as priority he wanted out because he wanted to live his life the way he wants with no responsibility and no conviction to the choices he makes and who they effect. yes I know that i failed , but I also feel I won I have a much deeper relationship with my lord in trusting him and in taking this faith he put in me and holding onto it as tight as I can. I will fail i will make mistakes but that he loves me unconditionally and fully and is building me up to do his work even out of the ashes of my brokeness and failures. GOD is completely worth having made the choice to follow at risk of losing my husband I have many regrets but that choice will never be one of them and as paul said if the unbeleiving spouse leaves... you are called to peace... I did not push him out, i prayed, God answered ... sometimes answer is no. I am called to peace. My hope is in the Lord

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 04:44 AM

I understand you completly sister. I lived the very reality you are in right now.

I appreciate your commitment to God and that is what I had also and God did bless me as He will you.

But even in my commitment to God their was underlying things of my own heart that I refused to look at. Like anger and resentment. Like my trying to manipulate my wife. Like my bringing guilt and shame upon her for not living a christian life. The greatest area I failed in was totally accepting her.

Even though they lied to us it was my part and your to accept totally and fully. This is not easy to do and only can be done with supernatural help.

Help that is ready if we humble our selves before God and listen to His still small voice.

mslovelynicelady

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jan, 2013 09:10 AM

God Bless you CrystalKC, you have done the right thing by following and listening to God. I too was with an unbeliever after all our years together, all the fun in sin we had, our problems and sin caught up with us and I knew better as I grew up in church, but I guess he didn't know better as he grew up like an atheist. With wanting the best for our child and out of life and missing Christ Jesus in my life I repented. It was the best thing I have ever done. I prayed and God told me to leave..It hurt so very much and was a process.I never knew he was so into bad spirits still-he made me think he stopped years prior but God showed me he was trying to go deeper-he was going to places hanging out with people that consulted evil spirits and psyics, but I stayed true to the Lord and when I found a job and saved enough money I kept my promise and left just like God told me to. I live on my own and am very happy, we still see him a lot as he still is in our lives, but between us we are only platonic friends. He has tried to make fun of the gospel and tries to tempt me with seduction-as I have been saving myself for a long time, but I just pray, rebuke in Jesus name and continue to teach him about Christ Jesus-somedays he listens, other days he doesn't. but now he at least don't want to be around evil spirits anymore. Sometimes he is curious and ask questions about God. I am there to tell him. He sees I am faithful to the Lord and how God has blessed me since I left-from nothing to living good. He ask that I pray for him and his family sometimes, or ask that I tell his atheist family about God & they want to come to church, I tell him if they are serious I will help them when they contact me. They all seem curious about Christ now, but that's as far as it goes. Non of them still have not confessed Christ Jesus as lord or said the sinners prayer or come to church nor have he said he believes in Christ so I can't take him seriously about that just yet, but I am a light for Christ. Christians are not to divorce, but if the other cheats or is not a Christian and is consulting with bad spirits and try to bring that mess around the other against their will that is not good. Nor can intimacy be involved as spirits are transferable. Not every case is the same, but for sure everyone must follow God and when we pray on something Christ Jesus does give instruction. We can't just do what we want and love God at the same time, it doesn't work. So CrystalKC no matter what anyone says it was not your fault your husband left, God answered your prayer.