Author Thread: Would you date someone if they were going into the military?
Admin

Would you date someone if they were going into the military?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 09:23 AM

I am going into the Navy and I just wondered how many guys would actually be willing to date a girl in the service? Or even me perhaps?

lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Would you date someone if they were going into the military?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 11:03 PM

Hey,

I just posted on your last thread and i was about to go to bed when this caught my eye!

If you read my previous post you know I have some experience in answering this question. Yes, I would date a woman in the military. Some of my best friends (both in the military) are getting married this summer. It works great because you don't have to explain things like: deployements, field training, early formations, MRE's etc. They understand what you are going through because they are going through it also! Not only do they understand, but they are able to help out when tough situations come up! Not to say civilian spouses cannot. It just seems military spouses have a unique understanding that only comes from being in the military.

As far as civilian men dating a woman in the militray, I can't say much. From what I've noticed the woman doesn't want to date a civilian guy! My sister is in the military and she is dating a guy in the military. She stopped dating civilian guys after boot camp because she says they wouldn't be able to keep up with her! My sister is a bit competitive (understatement) and is VERY independent so don't take this for gospel! Although, I know only 1 girl at West Point that dates a civilian guy. Girls may date guys in the militray out of convenience or by preference. Either way you won't have trouble finding a boyfriend in the Navy. Now meeting a Christian boyfriend is different story....