Author Thread: How do guys feel about dating older women?
Admin

How do guys feel about dating older women?
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 09:28 AM

I was just wondering how guys feel about dating a woman who is older? Do they feel insecure? Or less of a man?

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 11:14 AM

Hi Navygirl,

I cannot speak for other men but as for me I generally do not date women that are older than me. It is simply a "preference". I am an active man, an athlete most of my life and need someone who can keep up. That is why I date women who are no older than me but who also are not much more that 15 years younger either.

Blessings!

Walter

lovinglife25

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 10:54 PM

Great Post!

I do not mind older woman at all! I have no idea who God has in store for me and if she happens to be 5 years older than me obviously I will be fine with it!

At this stage in my life I would actually prefer an older woman. The reason being is that I have had a lot of life experience in my short 25 years of life. I enlisted in the Armyat age 17 and served (to include one comab tour) for four years. I've been at West Point for the past 4 years and I have been surrounded by women younger or at best my age. I have found that while they are sweet and nice they do not hold my attention for very long.

I'm about to graduate in May and head back into the military which has a unique lifestyle and demands a TON from the spouse of a soldier. I feel an older woman would be able to adjust and stay strong while I am in the field or at war.

Of course going back to my original point, it is up to God. If he finds a wife for me that is younger or older than me I'm okay with it :)

~ Robbie

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 12:57 AM

Well as for me i would not mind dating a women up to 3-4 years older then me. Insecure, I think this is something that developes when a women is getting a better salary then him and not really whetehr she is older them him. One other thing i heard why some men dates women older then them is because they are looking for the mother figure and haven't really grown up yet. As for feeling less then a man, for me no. I think the fact that an older women is dating a younger man can help create a maturety in a younger man that would otherwise takes longer then usual.

JMHO

God bless

Christy

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2009 07:34 AM

These are all nice men who have posted and I am glad they answered as they did. The reality is that the great majority of men especially those in their 30s and up want to be with younger women.

Younger = better to most men

If I were a woman I wouldn't tell a man how old I am until we had dated for a while. To most men being with a younger woman gives them something to feel good about themselves. Not a good attitude but the truth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2009 11:24 PM

I have dated older women and I don�t feel intimidated at all. I would agree that I would like to make more financially but that is more a self satisfying issue. I wouldn�t care either way but I would proffer to be the main provider. I would agree however that I would like that a an older women could keep up to activities that I would enjoy but I don�t believe for a second that someone that is 5 years older wouldn�t be able to do just that.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2009 09:21 PM

I'm not opposed to it... I think I'm somewhat mature for my age and I find that a lot of ladies my age aren't ready to get serious like I feel I am. The problem is, that ladies tend to mature just a little bit sooner than guys do, so they generally look for a guy who's a little older. At least, that's my experience!