Author Thread: My heart was broken into a thousand pieces, and God is putting it back together
Admin

My heart was broken into a thousand pieces, and God is putting it back together
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 09:37 AM

My ex and I dated for 2 1/2 years, I always thought that our relationship was going to last forever. He went into the military and after a year, he decided that we should break up. I thought my life was over, I cried and cried for about two months straight. I didn't ever think that I was going to get over him because he was my first love. Anyways, since I gave it to the Lord, and kept praying about it, he has eased away the pain. The memories are still there, and my heart is finally almost healed. Now I just wonder if it is possible for me to love again, and be able to trust, without getting hurt? I hope if that is the case, God will send the right guy along.

IF ANYONE HAS A COMMENT OR ANY STORIES TO TELL, GO FOR IT!!! I hope mine helped, thanks and God bless, Jamie.

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2009 05:19 PM

Hello,

I think you will be able to trust a man again. Most women can�but it takes a while.

When I read what you wrote I had to check your age - and you are so young. Seriously, don�t rush through life and don�t feel like you need a man in order to be happy and complete. You need to move on completely and find that comfort & strength in God. First loves are tough :(

I�m 26 and I have been in two long-term relationships. Both lasted about 2 � years but I ended both of them - that�s not very fun either. Super hurtful & depressing. The last time I could barely make it through a whole day at work without breaking down, could barely eat, couldn�t sleep, etc. My point is that being on that side really sucks too - I�m sure your guy felt really bad also.

He probably didn�t want to hurt you at all, but to be with you when he is not 100% into the relationship is unfair to both of you�maybe his heart wasn�t in the right place�no one really knows but him.

But trust me you will be just fine. As much as it sucks, what you are/were feeling is completely normal. And it will completely pass.

If God has someone for you (which he probably does), it will happen when you least expect it. You said �my heart is finally almost healed.� Make sure your heart is fully healed before you try to love someone again.

You'll be just fine :)

God bless...

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2009 12:25 AM

Amen Angel!!

Like Angel in MN has said before, use this time to get closer to God. Then, He'll send you the man He has planned for you!

Also, it's always helped me to try to think of the valuable lessons I learned during the relationship; not neccessarily bad things, but good things too!

Never think it was a waist of time. God could be grooming you for His man for you! :)

If you need to vent, holla at me!! :)

I'm Tandy

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Mar, 2009 02:43 PM

Hi Jamie,

I'm sorry about your relationship that ended. It must be very hard because this is your 1st love. I ever been in your situation too. I agreed with Angel and Tandy.

God can healed a broken heart but He has to have all the pieces. You'll be able through it cause God already give you strenght.

I pray for you.

Blessings from Indonesia.

Ruth

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2009 10:12 PM

The days do drag by when something as stressful as getting your heart broken. I didn't think I was going to make it when my marriage broke up and was depressed off and on for many years as my ex and I had drifted so far apart that I couldn't fix it and he didn't try that hard anyway to help the marriage. That year I was by myself after 27 years of marriage was really hard with all the early wake ups and the flash backs.

I haven't found anyone that I cared about that much since. I've dated a few men but didn't believe most of what they said. One guy wanted to talk about money all the time, and got to feeling his singleness to much so after 2 years of dating this man I decided I didn't need him. He would have women flirt with him and he'd eat it up and that was when I started losing interest.

I thought I'd try this site for a Christian male so hopefully one will pop up.

Good luck to you as you are young and you'll find someone who is worthy of you.