Author Thread: Profile content
Admin

Profile content
Posted : 2 Jan, 2013 09:37 PM

I don't understand....as I'm going through profiles, they all seem to be the same. I'd say 9 out of 10 men talk about what they've accomplished (job promotions) and what they have (car, house, money) and none of them talk about what's most important, who they are in Christ. Why do I care what you have or what job promotions you've gotten or how much money you made? When you die none of that will matter, why don't you tell me what Christ has done for you and what you have done for Christ? Is there anyone left who's in love with Jesus just waiting to find someone to serve Jesus with them and by their side? When we die, our possessions, job promotions, and bank accounts won't matter. I'm ready to delete this thing because I can't seem to find anyone who's in love with Jesus and excited to serve Him. Is there anyone out there who's not ashamed of Jesus and excited to tell someone how much Jesus loves them??

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 7 Jan, 2013 05:17 PM

If I may, CuriousGeorge, a lot of those women are very Godly women. I've seen them speak on scriptures, and their hearts are very kind. Certain things are necessary to live on, spirituality is important and love, those things go hand in hand but the Lord recognizes that we are living creatures with basic needs and doesn't expect us to stop needing those things, I think most women are not looking for a man who has a lot of money, just as I'm ready to say that most men aren't looking for a supermodel.

God knows that people still needs clothes and food and provision, many people focus on the spirit and not the entire body and it leaves unbalance.

1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 9 Jan, 2013 04:02 AM

Its pretty similar on most profiles! just have to keep searching :)

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 10 Jan, 2013 04:26 AM

I think one thing we need to stop focusing on in a potential mate is determining if they are a christian or not.

Let me explain: I think mose people are content with just if a person is christian.

What really needs to be focused on is FAITH. I have discoved two aspects of faith that people practice.

The practice of being a faithful christian. Example: faithfully attending church, giving tithe, praying on a scheduled time. Just faithfully being a buisy christian. They appear to have everything in order.

Then their are those who walk by faith. Their focus is not doing but trusting. How can I trust God and listen to His leading in this or that. Their lives might seem chaotic and always having some sort of trial.

So we have two examples of christians. One who has ordered his life and lives a faithful existance and the other who probally brings trouble on their self but has learned to trust God in everything.

I would be the latter and I love the chaos that brings me closer to God living on the edge many times and seeing Him rescue me from ........me.

A individual who live such a ordered life would hate to live with a individual like me and viseversa.

What type are you? A faithful walker or a walker of faith? Maybe both.....

MacDonough

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 11 Jan, 2013 05:02 AM

I have read a lot of guys' profiles on this site discussing their passionate faith in Christ. I love that.

Also if a guy has been disciplined enough to create a homebase, I am thinking we can spend more of our time and money helping others because we don't have to struggle to get the nest.

View Profile
History
Profile content
Posted : 15 Jan, 2013 04:57 AM

@Letthismind2 Agreed. Titles don't mean much, and I say that to help check myself too. A balance of faith and perspective are needed. But then again, faith is perspective... I guess my point is, you can't seperate living in the physical and living in the spiritual, but if you go after a person that's doing and saying everything right without faith, trouble can arise.

In response to the ColtsGuru; I agree with you. I think there should be a balance on profiles between what your spiritual life is like, and the physical things.

Page : 1 2