Author Thread: Have you ever experienced this and if so, what did you do?
Admin

Have you ever experienced this and if so, what did you do?
Posted : 17 Mar, 2009 06:52 PM

:waving:Greetings to all!.. I was just thinking about some of the people we cross paths with in life, "while in search of our soulmates". It has accrued to me that people say that they're searching for someone they can spend their life with, but are caught up on either "material things, past relationships, outside appearances, or sex". Is it just me that realize and see that these things (mentioned up above) are all "temporary?"

Because:

1. The body eventually catches up with age and everyone

won't be able to afford

implants or cosmetic surgery's (in which many people are

currently having at a

"premature age and time"), and some things "make up

won't hide".

2. Fortune & Fame makes the filthy rich suicidal & homicidal

when they become broke or fall on bad times.

3. When you keep comparing a person to someone in your

past (that you didn't make it with), sends up red flags.

Furthermore, "you can't move forward when you keep

looking back"...

Just those three things alone is enough warning (because we all get sick, go through menopause, or have some type of accident that may cause deformalities). "So how can you focus on a growing & lifetime relationship when you forget the main ingredients?" Such as you both Having a Personal Relationship & Favor with God, Love for yourself, Commitment, Companionship, Honesty, Compassion, Trust, Respect, and Empathy for one another�s feelings (for each other�s opinions, goals, needs and desires). These things accumulated makes the sex good and the other things will follow because you are genuinely happy with one another (then you actually want to satisfy one another's needs and have money to do things together to keep the spice in your relationship).

Those things that I have just mentioned alone, "are the reasons for most divorces and break-ups"... What's fame or fortune, without someone to share it with? Maybe I'm wrong or I'm missing something... Please elaborate or tell me your feelings, because this is the reason for many of us being single. "I'm tired of losing, I'm ready to win" Aren�t you?:yay:

This is not to offend or discredit anyone, "it's only requested to help us become better wives, husbands or partners in a relationship". Thanks for all of your responses that you have, and may you be blessed in your endeavors:dancingp:

Sincerely, 1WomanofProverbs (AKA: Trueoakwood)

daves7days

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 03:29 PM

Why is it love is not enough for these women. They also want all these material things to be satisfied.

I think there is a name for that kind of woman that wants to profit from a relationship. the phrase for better or worse

or for richer or poorer is not found in the bible. it is what they call traditions of men. Or in this case traditions of women.

you make three excellent points. Any many of these are temporal things. But earthly marriage is also temporary, too. But

the unconditional love of God is not. Therefore I would encourage love above these other secondary things..

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 09:48 PM

I don't think you are missing anything at all, I think you are exactly right. Watch out, the world will hate you for that.

Love and grace,

Leon

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 03:31 PM

daves7days,

I agree with you 100%. Good post:dancingp:

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2009 03:32 PM

daves7days,

I agree with you 100%. Good post:dancingp:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 08:00 PM

daves7days,

Unless you have been living under a rock materialism is so pushed by the media that I could just barf. This idea that we have to "keep up with the Jones" is so pushed on us. Have the latest car, house, clothing, gadgets. Materialism is just to fill a void but the void is never filled. Some people never realize what is important in life until it is too late. Then I am not sure they really realize.