Author Thread: Ouch! That's gotta hurt!
rejuvenatedme

View Profile
History
Ouch! That's gotta hurt!
Posted : 24 Feb, 2013 05:03 PM

I hope this encourages at least one person.

God is amazing! Having cheated Adam and Eve in the garden, Satan thought he had truncated the original plan of God for man, but God sent His Only begotten Son, the second Adam. Like it's commonly stated, "all hell broke lose," the battle between the devil and God's plan began again. In fact, the devil tried to pull off the same trick, as in did with Adam in the garden, with Jesus when He tempted Him. But Jesus went through all that, even further he went on to Calvary, died and rose up again the third day. Christ, yet to be resurrected visited the devil, strip him of all his powers and authority and shamed him in the presence of his alliances, the fallen angels. Well,, what did Jesus do with the powers He took from Satan? Your answer is in John 1:12.

Anyway, through the finished work of Christ, the work of the devil was totally annulled and God's original plan stands once again! Victory was won!! When I figured out all the devil went through just to lose in a battle which God won flawlessly, one thing came to my mind: "Ouch! What a sucker punch!! That's gotta hurt!!!"

But it's unfortunate that some are still tied down by the spirit of fear and they call themselves Christians. I understand if unbelievers welcome fears and depression, they really do not have any hope outside of Jesus, anyway. Hence, I'm not so surprised. But oh you child of God, Jesus did not go through all that for you to sit down pity yourself and feel defeated! What are you doing with the power and authority He has procured for you? The only thing that would hurt more than the blow God gave Satan is if you as God's child do not know what you have in Christ and/or how to use it. That would really hurt!!

Please, take up your bed of self pity and walk in the grace and strength that God through Christ Jesus has given you.

"O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth."~Isaiah 25:1

View Profile
History
Ouch! That's gotta hurt!
Posted : 14 Apr, 2013 08:54 AM

Its a bit more complicated then that actually. There are times where we get too confident. We can be spirit filled to the brim on any given day but that doesnt mean we will be spirit filled another day. Its all up to how full we keep our cup. BUT if we let iniquities into our lives,well then... here we go again with cleaning house so to speak. Being spirit filled is a daily thing and one musnt think they are invincible. There are demons that attach themselves to us and without knowledge of it we are not able to pray and ask God to show us what is clinging to us. There are many demons. The demon of loneliness is what causes depression and many other horrible things . Its a very dangerous and powerful demon indeed. Self pity is just a by product. It sits behind our heart and its a blue puff ball looking thing .A christian given that gift of sight for seeing them can spot them. You can pray all you want but until you have spiritually matured to pray off the things that cause adverse emotions, they will stay and continue to affect your walk with the Lord. The Lord knows they are there. He sometimes will let these things stay because he wants to to lean not on your own understanding and ask HIM.There comes a time when every Christian will reach a level of spiritual maturity where knowledge of these things is crucial if you want your cup to stay FULL and you want to be a powerful soldier for Gods kingdom. The closer we get to God the bigger and stronger the adversary. >. We are in a battle. Eph 6 ,7-18

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil�s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.