Author Thread: WHY???
Admin

WHY???
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 06:18 AM

Why do christians believe in DIVORCE?

Dont they know that their children suffer?

Just curious.. sorry

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 31 Mar, 2009 09:39 AM

Hi Ana,

It is not that Christians believe "in divorce" is that God allows for divorce and remarriage under specific circumstances. So one can say that divorce is biblical as long as it is biblical.

Blessings!

Walter

DJ_DoC

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 03:45 PM

Hey Apple,

You know my situation.. I don't believe in divorce to the point I would never file for it.. I am getting a divorce because I can not stop her from wanting one... I can not keep my wife from falling in love with another... This is free will. We all have free will. I choose to follow god the best I can.. I chose to Do all I could to save the marriage. But I can not change her free will.

So it's not that as a christian I believe in divorce, it's just as a christian I can't change the free will of others who do believe in it.

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:56 PM

A good question. And yes you are right children do suffer. When it comes down to it, it's about selfishness.

Adam

gogreen26

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 08:46 PM

First, I must say that unles you have been there and done that, please don't make an attempt to speak to the situation because you cannot do so accuratley.

Secondly, I will say that yes, divorce is extremly destructive and painful in many aspects.

Last, I will say as a child of divorced parents, and as a woman who 3 years ago divorced my husband that I had 2 wonderful children with....my story is he forsook his walk with God and instead chose to commit adultery again and again for a period of 4 years while I sat around and waited for him to stop acting a fool. As was stated above, every individual has free will. As much as I wanted to make him come back to his family, he would not. So I did the best I could to clean up the mess, move on, and move forward in God.

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 03:24 PM

Love is a choice though. Feelings come and go. There will always be other people we're attracted too, acting on them is a choice. to allow oneself to develop a deeper attraction/feeling for another when married is wrong. Christ chose us/loved us though we were far from deserving , he could've abolished us and created a people that would be faithful to Him but he didn't.

Marriage takes work 100/100 coming from each person, we're to work at making our marriage God glorifying or we can allow the trappings/temptations of this work (sometimes oh so sneakily) take over our heart, thinking we're honoring God and doing right, but not. Following Christ's blueprint for marriage can be down right hard, especially when we don't always 'feel like it', with hardships, etc, but because of sin, we have to work at it. Marriage is meant to be a beautiful reflection of the mystery of our relationship with christ, how can we allow sin to destroy this? When we take our focus off Christ it's so easy to allow doubt or temptation take hold of us.

View Profile
History
WHY???
Posted : 25 Apr, 2009 04:01 PM

I have been divorced twice. Both times it was because my wife had cheated.

Thanfully, I do not have children. I do not believe in divorce. I wish I could have worked things out. It was out of my hands.

The best thing a person can do is wait on God. I was unequally yoked both times.So, it is best to marry a believer.