Author Thread: Beware
Admin

Beware
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 06:40 AM

To all you ladies and gents, beware. I notice people from other countries on an American website. I question their intentions. You know once bitten.......I was the receiver of a con. A man who wanted his green card. Remember the devil has a sweet tongue. I can't think of any reason why a person in another country would want to be looking for men/women here. Conversation ok but when they are looking for more you want to be wary. I love everyone, it is my nature, but I drawn the line when people want to use the unsuspecting. In my case, it was a horable experience and now I need to heal. He lied, cheated, kept secrets & he and his family treated me with disrespect and contempt for my country. Sorry to be the bearer of gloom but I will protect the hearts of the innocent. Be blessed and no ill intended to those of other countries. I pray that God be the judge. Love in Christ

View Profile
History
Beware
Posted : 31 Mar, 2009 08:41 PM

I believe you. I know many women, and a few men who have fallen prey to this. Once the spouse is over here and has the green card they are gone. What is worse they may take any children with them. There have been cases where the spouses left the country and took the kids back to the country of where they came from. Now that is a night mare. Best advise, just stick with American.

squalltitus

View Profile
History
Beware
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 07:03 AM

I can understand that very well. I experienced that to in the past. I mostly stay away from finding true love across seas. Sorry for what you went through.

Seuss

View Profile
History
Beware
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 12:48 PM

Hello, did he scam you? I was had a online relationship with a guy or whoever it was who said he was American but was working Nigeria. That is a real dangerous country. When we stopped talking, cause I finally realized that something was not right- I began talking to people in a group called romancescams.org. I learned so much and still am. Reading these messagse has opened my eyes. We all need to be careful when you are talking to someone online. It's not mainly men either. These people that scamming are from the ages from 15-15. They make up their names, and they get their pictures from modeling agencies. They get together in groups and make up their scripts. Everything he said to me was a lie. He was going to come here in May or June, and that obviously was a lie too. I do think that once again God was protecting me. We all get real lonely from time to time, but at the same time we need to use wisdom and caution too.