Author Thread: Scammers: " i am "
Admin

Scammers: " i am "
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 06:56 AM

The "i am" is true for most scammers......

But...theres NEW scammers in town, boys & girls.

a) they put "catholic"

b) they put "widow"

c) they put "one child" or "no child"

d) they still put "engineering" but sometimes "construction" now

e) they still put their "yahoo email addy" in first email But...

they are starting to wait until the 2nd email after you respond.

f) they love to be living in "central' somewhere. Central United States or Central in England.

g) they put height 5' 8 in tall a lot with hazel eyes.

h) they still love to put 6 ft 2 with blue eyes.

i) they still have bad grammar with no punctuation and running sentences with no capital letters.

Miz Sherlock Holmes

:yay:

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 07:52 AM

I missed your:ROFL: point.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 01:50 PM

They will never mention anything you have written in your profile because they've never read it. They will often say they are "new" to this site and might mention you are the first person they've contacted. Often, they are some sort of business guru that is stationed in South Africa right now with plans to be back in the States soon (and you can bet if you keep up a dialoge with them, they will eventually ask for your help funding the trip back).

These people come in all shapes and sizes - they don't just use a "model's" picture anymore. They're trying to make it more realistic.

Bottom line is, along with everything previously mentioned in the posts, if they come on too strong right away or EVER ask you for money - they are a scammer. If you're ever in doubt, please feel free to send me an email with their profile name and I'll take a look. I'm pretty good at picking these people out.

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 04:50 PM

Okay now as I think about it I did have this happen to me with a lady from nigeria.

One thing that told me she was up to NO good was when I asked her to take another picture with a sign saying the words I choose.It never happened.

It was around Christmas Time and she not only wanted me to send her money to come spend Christmas with me in america but send money for her sick grandmother who she did not have any money to buy her anything but yet she ready to get a plan ticket to AMERICA to see a man that she do not know :ROFL: oh yah I needed to send the money vs book the trip myself.

I also remember I talked to her on the phone and she could not speak english well but the english she needed to speak to convey how she want to recieve the money she had that down pack.

That picture she posted was nice :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 04:50 PM

Okay now as I think about it I did have this happen to me with a lady from nigeria.

One thing that told me she was up to NO good was when I asked her to take another picture with a sign saying the words I choose.It never happened.

It was around Christmas Time and she not only wanted me to send her money to come spend Christmas with me in america but send money for her sick grandmother who she did not have any money to buy her anything but yet she ready to get a plan ticket to AMERICA to see a man that she do not know :ROFL: oh yah I needed to send the money vs book the trip myself.

I also remember I talked to her on the phone and she could not speak english well but the english she needed to speak to convey how she want to recieve the money she had that down pack.

That picture she posted was nice :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2009 07:13 PM

I'm glad you didn't fall for that Mike.

God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Apr, 2009 05:43 AM

Hey, Miz Sherlock Holmes! Great post. I could go all day on this topic, but I'll share my top two.

I've kept my profile short & sweet. They still don't read it! A guy recently asked me if I had more pictures that I could send to his personal e-mail address and how tall I was. Hello! I've posted FIVE pictures and the header states my height.

But this ranks as my personal fave. Another guy sends me a personal message to which I reply respectfully that I don't think we'd be a good match. Instead of going about his merry way, he decided to post his rant about it. It's the mentality some people have of the "how dare you reject me" attitude. Hillarious! Needless to say, that I've had my dose of laughter for today.

I'm just praising God right now that I He gave me the wisdom to see right through that.

God won't bless that mess.

Peace,

Jocelyn.