Author Thread: Prayer request for me
Admin

Prayer request for me
Posted : 14 Aug, 2013 08:08 PM

I was writing and I figured something out. Weird how when I write I find out things about myself. Anyways I was writing out my father issues and why its hard for me and it just came out on the paper as to why I'm having so much trouble with it and it wasn't until I saw the words on the paper and I realized it. I have a learning disability called PDD-NOS. The way my disability works is the only way I learn is through experience or pictures. When I was about 5ish I heard GOD's voice I know that sounds crazy but when I experienced hearing GOD I was able to believe and I have since. I was unable to understand Who Jesus is and what He has done till I saw The Jesus Movie. I was told many times but I was unable to get it until I saw that movie. Then I got a picture Bible which really helped so I was able to learn and grow. The only thing that picture Bible didn't talk about is GOD as Father. I've read other books and I've read the Scriptures on GOD as Father but they didn't help me cause I keep wondering what does a good Father look like?? The books had no pictures and I need pictures to learn its just the way GOD created me. So please pray that GOD will give me pictures so I can learn and understand what a good Father is and if you have any pictures you think will help please share them.

One_Sojourner

View Profile
History
Prayer request for me
Posted : 14 Aug, 2013 08:51 PM

hey Jenny, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ya know those images and short glimpses of Gods fatherly attributes are all around us and for reals... not talking in the movies or commercials but in your own life and home. I think whether we recognize it or not God has put so much of himself into each of us. I don't know your background so pardon if I miss on something but some examples seeing the proud look in your own Dad's eyes as he watches you being born, walking the first few steps, receiving your diploma, giving you away in marriage to the man you fell in love with <3

In church I see young dads caring for their kids, sometimes discretely playing to keep the child amused and not bothering others and other times needing to be stern with an over active child. at the play ground you will see dads playing with their kids and at the ball field a dad will cheer his kid on or he may be a leader and coach of the team and has to be fair to all and treat the others as he would treat his own child. The list can go on but maybe you can see what I mean by examples being all around us? Just look around and see...