Author Thread: Im christian but i still drink and smoke and cuz at times
Admin

Im christian but i still drink and smoke and cuz at times
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 06:42 PM

OLd habbits die hard but im trying to find a christian girl friend .I mean come on were all sinners.My problem went far beyond that anyway.I used to be a drug addict before I gave my heart to GOd does any christian women find a problem with the way I am....?

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 02:06 AM

I'm going to give you some advice you're not going to like.

Don't look for a girlfriend - not yet. You're new in your walk with God and HE needs to be your complete focus right now. I think it's great that you're here and I'm not trying to steer you away from this site - people aren't here just for dating, but often for Christian fellowship. If you aren't already connected with a church, get connected, and every time the doors are open, be there. Let them know that you're a new Christian - this will get you connected to people that can help you with questions or just keep you uplifted. Find out if the church has Bible studies that are specific to your age and go!! Often, the church will give away or sell teaching tapes on various subjects - buy them and listen to them in your car, transfer them to your Ipod or MP3 and listen to them while you're working out or doing whatever. Get tuned in to some Christian music - there is a forum on here that can give you some great band names - if you tell me what kind of music you normally listen to, I can give you a list (and links) of the same type of music only with a solid message.

The key is to immerse yourself in the Word - and if that means becoming disassociated with some of your friends that aren't Christians, then that's what you need to do - at this point, they will only drag you back into the world.

If you do these things, your outlook, your attitude, your desires, even your speech will change faster than you thought possible. God wants to change you into the person he made you to be - but He can't do that if you resist change.

God will bring a mate into your life in His perfect timing. Remember - you didn't get to the point you were with drugs, etc. overnight. God needs some time to reverse what has been done.

And above all - pray without ceasing!!

You're welcome to email me anytime - I'm more than happy to help you in any way I can!!

God Bless

Lynn

cedarwoody

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 06:57 AM

Right on ,Linnie, very,very good advice to anyone that's a new and budding Christian. Very good for anyone struggling with so many types of worldly struggles. Pray often, get in the word, God will reveal his path for us. At whatever point in life that we're at.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 08:15 PM

Hello, Justin. I agree that you should find a church family you can belong to and a Bible Study group to deepen your faith, it's a great prescription to growth. Repentance has a fruit, and its fruit is change - the change of our hearts, the change of our mindset. God's not in a rush in changing you, He knows that we do not change the day after we have accepted Christ. It's a process, but God's willing to go through the process with you and has embraced you for everything that you are right now. You are His child and He want to make you the best that you can become.

Press on. I assure you that you once in a while you will keep sinning, everyone does but what God expects is our effort to change. That we do not give up on ourselves much as He will never give up on us. Some people may accuse us of being a hyprocite attending church and all, don't mind them because God knows your heart. From now on, it's just you and God... I will pray for you, that you become the man God wants you to become.

And by the way, about the girlfriend request, if right now, God will give you a good christian girlfriend, do you think she'll stay with you if you still haven't changed? because it's most likely that she won't... except if God really puts the desire in her heart. Bless God!