Author Thread: hello
Admin

hello
Posted : 2 Apr, 2009 06:46 PM

The names Justin I just recently gave my heart to God but i still drink and smoke and curse... the truth is though that were all sinners and we just gotta set the best example we can.Before i gave my heart to God I was a hard core drug addict but he got me to stop doing that.Does any christian find anything wrong with the way i live>?

chozen2b

View Profile
History
hello
Posted : 3 Apr, 2009 06:55 AM

Justin salvation happens immediately but our deliverance from past vices is not always instant. As you continue to grow, you will experience greater deliverances in your life. God will complete the good work he has already began in you. All of us Christians are growing and receiving deliverance from things, although it may not be from those you name but things that are not easly seen. Glory be to God for the victory you already achieved in regards to your drug addiction.

Your Sister in Christ,

Chozen

View Profile
History
hello
Posted : 13 Apr, 2009 01:47 PM

Just keep talking to Him and your stuff will change. You will notice it sooner or later, the changing of your personality.

A house is not built in a day, neither will you be perfected in a day. It takes time to do good work, so don't try to fit Him to your timetable. He will work, and you will be awesome. Just wait a bit.

View Profile
History
hello
Posted : 3 May, 2009 10:20 PM

Hello Justin. I rejoice with you in your new found salvation. May I encourage you not to be too tied up in being moralistic and legalistic. Instead allow God to change your heart, and you will find Him changing your outer actions. I know this isnt a popular conviction on this site, but I don't believe smoking or drinking to be a sin. Yes, I do both. However, they are not benneficial and they may lead you to sin, and if they do, they should be avoided. God does not desire for us to be subjects to any addiction that keeps us tied to this world and our old ways, but things aren't always black and white either. I encourage you to pray, and ask God to convict your heart of the changes you need to make to better serve Him, because serving Christ to further his kingdom is what its all about.