Author Thread: More blessings than I deserve
Admin

More blessings than I deserve
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 05:47 PM

I worked at McDonalds for around 5 years. The entire time I worked there I was praying for a new job. A friend called and told me to submit an application to the YMCA. I got a fantastic job working for an afterschool program with underpriveledged children in the "ghetto" of our town. The kids have issues and struggle with school, but for 3 hours I can have fun with them and tell them how very special they are.

I was working that job and just not making enough to get by mainly due to the cost of my animals, most of whom i was forced to rehome. that was a really rough time. i spent my life caring for the animals. my parrot was the hardest to see go. I was sitting at the table looking over my budget, wondering how i was going to make it through another semester of college. I had decided the time had come when i would absolutely have to sell my horse. he's a BIG boy and feeding him was a challenge. I cried and prayed for hours. I felt like Abraham being told to slay Isaac. I knew my horse would go to slaughter.

A friend (who happens to be an international equine behavior clinician) called the very next day to see if i would be able to work Saturdays on her farm. I get $10 an hour to clean stalls, feed and water, and give horseback riding and driving lessons. PLUS she's handed me the reins on running the youth camps and wants me to help her write books and will train me to be a facilitator in her "Through The Horse's Eyes" program and will help me train my horse and will give me riding lessons and will take me to clinics all over the country and she'll keep my horse at her farm free of charge!

God truly does bless beyond our wildest dreams!

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Apr, 2009 08:09 PM

Praise God!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

cedarwoody

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2009 07:13 AM

I'll add a "Praise God" too! He's always near and wants the best for us. You go girl!!!! :applause::applause::bow: