Author Thread: Do you believe in spiritual Freewill?
Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Do you believe in spiritual Freewill?
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 06:07 AM

I had armenianism confused with Freewill Christianity. Sorry about that.

Anyway, do you think a person is saved by their own asking/accepting/believing in Christ?

Or do you think that Christ has chosen an elect to be saved? (No, I don't mean by race, wealth, sex and so on.)

nanakarobi123

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 08:21 AM

i believe that he has sent the invitation to all of us . It is up to us weather or not to accept .God laid out the welcome mat and left te door unlocked and the porchlight on. enter all who will. once you enter you find a sighn that reads you have been chosen!

only way to describe it

ps sometimes God just needs yu to be a number or a foot solder if you will but we all play a part in the knigdom we need leaders to janitors we all play a part

i sence that you are looking for an answer. The question isdoes God have a plan for me in my life ?

the answer is yes .

qestion 2 if i did not accept him would he have sent another?

the answer is also yes

his will will be done remeber God went throughout the earth looking for someone to follow him he went through every tribe before he got to Abraham(a son of an idol maker of all people) and the rest is history

jeshurun777

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2009 10:09 AM

yes I do believe

THE WORK OF CHRIST: When on the cross Jesus Christ received the divine imputation to himself of all the sins of all of human history, past, present and future. The justice of God judged those sins in Him. God is said to have been satisfied with his sacrifice, man is redeemed from his slavery to sin, and is reconciled to god through faith in Christ (II cor 5:21; Rom 5:20-6:14).

THE GOSPEL: Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of the entire world and three days later He arose from the dead in resurrection body (I cor 15:1-4).

SALVATION: Salvation of the soul is appropriated by the grace through faith alone in Christ alone. salvation is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast (John 3:15-16,18,36;6;47;11:25;20:31;Acts 16:31;Eph 2:8-9).

freewill (positive volition) of a person is must to be saved if not God cannot work in us as he blessed mankind with the gift of freewill.

That if you confess with your mouth, �Jesus is Lord,� and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved"(Rom 10:9-10).

for more about gospel and slavation visit:www.jeshurunnativevision.blogspot.com

Twink

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 04:01 AM

Absolutely without a doubt. John the Baptist came preparing the way for the Kingdom of God. John's message was that men must repent in order to be a part of that Kingdom. His words in Matthew 3.2 were, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.

Jesus came to establish that Kingdom and tells us repentance is a must. Twice in Luke 13 Jesus says, I tell you, nay! But unless you repent, you will all perish.

The word of God closes with the warning to the seven churches of Asia and to us, Jesus says, Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

God says, seek you shall find, ask and it shall be given, knock and the door will be opened. If you genuinely seek, ask and yearn for giveness by seeking Christ, there is no verse in the Bible that suggests you will not be granted your wish.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 10:04 PM

I believe that the core of our Christianity is free will. We are free to embrace God and free to walk away. Of course Christ knows who will embrace and who will walk away but the decision to follow Christ is what saves us. The bible talks of the fall of Lucifer as a choice. It talks of Abrahams' choice to follow Gods command concerning his only son when he was commanded to sacrifice him. Even Moses made his choice to follow Gods command to help the Israelites and did not see the promised land because he lost his temper and struck the rock for water rather than following Gods command. So what I guess I am saying is that the entire Bible is about the choice to follow or to turn away. So yes I believe in spiritual freewill. If we who are made in Gods image did not have spiritual freewill how could God Almighty?

4n1spirit

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2011 03:34 PM

Yes I believe people are saved by asking the Lord gives us free will to make the simple choice to just ask and receive His gift of grace. Why? The story goes no one can force another to truely love them and it is the only way to allow love to be freely given and true. The choice is our to love God and accept his free gift of salvation. By no means could he put a gun to our head and demand our love No that is something that only we can decide. The faith to believe our Saving Grace is found in Jesus Christ. The lord does not demand but by giving us the free-will to do and believe as we wish hoping we will come home to him some day.... Is there an elect... I am not sure? The story goes there was a rebellion in heaven when lucifer turned on God and 1/3 of the angels followed Him another 1/3 followed the Lord and another 1/3 where undecided. We all came from God and thus were with him prior to our birth in the flesh. Is there a elect here now that already their fates have been predetermined? Really I do not know? There is certain scriptures that indicates thus... For how could God say to Rebecca well she was yet pregnant with twins. "I love Jacob but I hate Esau" while they where yet still babes in their mother womb. How could God interferr in anothers life without it becomming a falicy as he did with Pharoah in order to fullfill his word and prophesy to deliver his people. Thus God could harden pharoahs heart. Who knows... If so is there a good and bad elect... Is it black and white and grey for others? Who Knows? But what does it matter free-will an elect... Just love God... Are some called, some chosen... Many are called and few are chosen. There will always be questions without answers... Yes I believe in free-will. I am afraid to admit I might also believe there is an elect also... I accept contiversy on this... :)... Just something to think about...