Author Thread: Thoughts on Singlehood (Into the mind of a Christian Girl)
Admin

Thoughts on Singlehood (Into the mind of a Christian Girl)
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 08:44 PM

(although, i do not speak for all Christian girls. This is just what i personally think)

Often I wonder why a lot of people stay single these days. Is it because of their incapacity to marry? How are they not capable? If we consider someone not yet capable because of financial reasons, then how come a lot of marriages become stronger during the brink of financial lack? For the most part, a lot of people may be emotionally incapable like someone is too insecure, or someone is too proud. Someone else maybe too idealistic that this person tends to expect or impose his/her ideals to someone who's perfectly just fine the way he/she is, if only we'll learn to accept and love beyond our differences. Nothing is ever instant. Since each one of us are shaped so differently, a person may be too much to another, while someone else may seem not enough to a different person. That's why there's truth in the saying that goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I, for instance, do not find a certain man attractive as opposed to the majority of women that may find him attractive. What I find attractive is someone who's along with faith, is hard working and yet still finds plenty of time to spend with his family. To be honest, to me that's pretty ideal. I think one of the most important in our relationships is knowing what you really want but leaving enough space to love and understand beyond our differences. I think that no matter how perfect someone may seem to be, two different people are two different people and they still need to modulate with each other and adjust if they really want to stay together.

And some people remain single because of their fear of spending forever with the wrong person, but then wouldn't they be searching for too long? And if they marry the wrong person, soon their gonna have to decide if they really want to spend the rest of their lives trying to live with the wrong person, or finally end the marriage and start searching again for the right one. But how come it is only during this generation that this is happening? Of course, I do not deny that there were a few infidelity issues before but how come it is much worse now? Is it because we have more options now and that the ability to communicate and meet someone is much greater than it was before? During the previous generation, the only option to re-marry is when someone becomes widowed. But in spite the option to re-marry, a lot of them would choose to stay faithful to their spouses and not re-marry. This is the love that I want, that everybody wants, where to love and be loved completely lasts forever.

I remember a fable I stumbled along at a bookshop one day. I found it interesting because it talks about life's journey and how many people spend their time searching only to find out that in the end, they've ran out of time already. Now that scares the hell out of me. In this story, when he realized that he's ran out of time already and still haven't found what he's been searching for, he also realized that the person he'll ever need and will love him forever is someone he's always known all along. This made me realize that if only we learn to love faithfully through thick and thin, then marriage is truly bound to last forever. We need to stick to our word no matter what.

Another chance. This is what we all need to learn. To give each other more than enough chances to make things work. To also give ourselves a considerate amount of chance to change, to evolve and to learn with the one we chose to be with. When we find someone we want and who wants us back, if we really want each other, we'll give each other more than enough chance to make things work. And this is where love is defined: when the amount of chances you give is not measured. Love is not easily angered; it does not keep a record of wrongs and it always perseveres. Love covers a multitude of wrongs, it conquers all fear.

So while I'm waiting for the one who'll boldly ask my hand from God, and who will handle me responsibly, I'll allow God to mold me to become the woman He wants me to become. I'll commit to better myself with God. I will not waste a minute; I know He'll prepare me for the best and I want to be ready when God lets us meet. I believe not most of us is bound to be single, sometimes we are just not prepared when the one God has for us comes along. But God is love and He gives an immeasurable amount of chances. I believe God hears our desires and that He longs to make us the best for the one He has for us, as much as He wants to make our other half the best in our sight.

Proverbs 30:18-19

There are three things that amaze me�

no, four things that I don�t understand:

how an eagle glides through the sky,

how a snake slithers on a rock,

how a ship navigates the ocean,

how a man loves a woman.

leipzig

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2010 04:43 AM

Starting, this time, to analyse the Proverbs 30:19 just because the KJV gave no sinnfull meaning in last passage "The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid", i looked at Septuaginta. There this passage is translated as "and the way of a man in youth", which is more sinnfull!

Examinating the passage in KJV+ (leading in Hebrew Strong's dictionary) the same passage "and the wayH1870 of a manH1397 with a maid.H5959" and looking at H5959 (Strong's Dictionary) we see H5959

עלמה

‛almâh

al-maw'

Feminine of H5958; a lass (as veiled or private): - damsel, maid, virgin.

and

H5958

עלם

‛elem

eh'-lem

From H5956; properly something kept out of sight (compare H5959), that is, a lad: - young man, stripling.

and

H5956

עלם

‛âlam

aw-lam'

A primitive root; to veil from sight, that is, conceal (literally or figuratively): - X any ways, blind, dissembler, hide (self), secret (thing).

An other english translation CEV (derived by KJV)

Pro 30:19 How eagles fly so high or snakes crawl on rocks, how ships sail the ocean or people fall in love.

In the same direction as KJV also the German Schlacther Bible!

Personally, i would choose the Septuaginta translation as the most sinnfull text.

But all above may us lead to resume

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2Ti 3:16) but sure not the translations.

Regards

Vasilis

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Feb, 2011 06:09 AM

It is not good for man to be alone.

leipzig

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 04:46 AM

This is not a correct translation of Proverbs 30:19.

Accourding to the Septuaginta, "the way of a man with a maid" is given as "the ways of a man in his youth (young age).

And that gives more sence to above vers.

For them willing to explore it further, i include the original Greek text with strong numbers (Strong Dictionary)

Pro 30:19 ιχνηN-APN αετουG105 N-GSM πετομενουG4072 V-PMPGS καιG2532 CONJ οδουςG3598 N-APF οφεωςG3789 N-GSM επιG1909 PREP πετραςG4073 N-GSF καιG2532 CONJ τριβουςG5147 N-APF νηοςG3491 N-GSF ποντοπορουσηςV-PAPGS καιG2532 CONJ οδουςG3598 N-APF ανδροςG435 N-GSM ενG1722 PREP νεοτητιG3503 N-DSF

Page : 1 2