Author Thread: Thoughts on Singlehood (Into the mind of a Christian Girl)
Admin

Thoughts on Singlehood (Into the mind of a Christian Girl)
Posted : 9 Apr, 2009 08:44 PM

(although, i do not speak for all Christian girls. This is just what i personally think)

Often I wonder why a lot of people stay single these days. Is it because of their incapacity to marry? How are they not capable? If we consider someone not yet capable because of financial reasons, then how come a lot of marriages become stronger during the brink of financial lack? For the most part, a lot of people may be emotionally incapable like someone is too insecure, or someone is too proud. Someone else maybe too idealistic that this person tends to expect or impose his/her ideals to someone who's perfectly just fine the way he/she is, if only we'll learn to accept and love beyond our differences. Nothing is ever instant. Since each one of us are shaped so differently, a person may be too much to another, while someone else may seem not enough to a different person. That's why there's truth in the saying that goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I, for instance, do not find a certain man attractive as opposed to the majority of women that may find him attractive. What I find attractive is someone who's along with faith, is hard working and yet still finds plenty of time to spend with his family. To be honest, to me that's pretty ideal. I think one of the most important in our relationships is knowing what you really want but leaving enough space to love and understand beyond our differences. I think that no matter how perfect someone may seem to be, two different people are two different people and they still need to modulate with each other and adjust if they really want to stay together.

And some people remain single because of their fear of spending forever with the wrong person, but then wouldn't they be searching for too long? And if they marry the wrong person, soon their gonna have to decide if they really want to spend the rest of their lives trying to live with the wrong person, or finally end the marriage and start searching again for the right one. But how come it is only during this generation that this is happening? Of course, I do not deny that there were a few infidelity issues before but how come it is much worse now? Is it because we have more options now and that the ability to communicate and meet someone is much greater than it was before? During the previous generation, the only option to re-marry is when someone becomes widowed. But in spite the option to re-marry, a lot of them would choose to stay faithful to their spouses and not re-marry. This is the love that I want, that everybody wants, where to love and be loved completely lasts forever.

I remember a fable I stumbled along at a bookshop one day. I found it interesting because it talks about life's journey and how many people spend their time searching only to find out that in the end, they've ran out of time already. Now that scares the hell out of me. In this story, when he realized that he's ran out of time already and still haven't found what he's been searching for, he also realized that the person he'll ever need and will love him forever is someone he's always known all along. This made me realize that if only we learn to love faithfully through thick and thin, then marriage is truly bound to last forever. We need to stick to our word no matter what.

Another chance. This is what we all need to learn. To give each other more than enough chances to make things work. To also give ourselves a considerate amount of chance to change, to evolve and to learn with the one we chose to be with. When we find someone we want and who wants us back, if we really want each other, we'll give each other more than enough chance to make things work. And this is where love is defined: when the amount of chances you give is not measured. Love is not easily angered; it does not keep a record of wrongs and it always perseveres. Love covers a multitude of wrongs, it conquers all fear.

So while I'm waiting for the one who'll boldly ask my hand from God, and who will handle me responsibly, I'll allow God to mold me to become the woman He wants me to become. I'll commit to better myself with God. I will not waste a minute; I know He'll prepare me for the best and I want to be ready when God lets us meet. I believe not most of us is bound to be single, sometimes we are just not prepared when the one God has for us comes along. But God is love and He gives an immeasurable amount of chances. I believe God hears our desires and that He longs to make us the best for the one He has for us, as much as He wants to make our other half the best in our sight.

Proverbs 30:18-19

There are three things that amaze me�

no, four things that I don�t understand:

how an eagle glides through the sky,

how a snake slithers on a rock,

how a ship navigates the ocean,

how a man loves a woman.

NiceGuyHere4You

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2009 07:51 PM

WOW

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Apr, 2009 01:30 AM

I'll see your "WOW" and raise you a "WOW!" Very well stated and thought out - thanks for posting this!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2009 04:39 AM

you're welcome. :)

Timothy21

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Apr, 2009 05:55 PM

God loved adam! and there for created Eve! We belong together, meaning husband and wife. Love is the' defination God, just like you wrote. I'm so pleased you understand the foundation of God(LOVE). I'm really impressed...you write like you have the mind and faith of a saint! I would be honored to be able to "IM" with as soon as possible. I believe in the "Trinity"/ 1st and 2nd testament. if you believe the same, please write back. I've been working hard setting up my own office in marketing, so I only have limited time to chat. Although, it will gat better in the near future, because I am doing a good job at hiring the right, self-motivated people to be apart of this company. Which will free up time for me to chat with you. I've been on this site a few times and you stand out like a bright star, shining back at me "I might be the one for you Timothy" so please find time to write back and i'd love to send you a better picture of what I look like. Trust me, It's all about the soul of a person, but I'm not bad to look at either... so I've been told. Can't wait to talk with you.

Timothy from USA:angel

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Apr, 2009 05:26 PM

very good post!

azenith

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Nov, 2009 03:07 PM

Very well said....... you should write more and maybe could influence a lot of young single christian ladies.......God bless you more and more!

Observation

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Apr, 2010 06:35 PM

"When we share another's burden, we display God's love and care. Offering relief and comfort, when life seems to much to bear." sper

Thank you for your insight :-)

When my wife died a number of years back, for most of the days and months, I was numb. With thoughts that I was uncertain of with my feelings, with my faith in God. So many uncontrollable feelings. I was told that many of these feelings were typical grief reactions. But I still felt lost without her and for a long time, did not want to believe she was gone. Did I understand my feelings in relationship to my faith in God?

Sharing two verses, I know the Holy Spirit led me to from the Bible. Verses that open my eyes again and brought me back to the light of day:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand".

God has a plan for us all. Lets go forth and know that we are living His plan, even when we fail to meet His expectations. God so loves us all, that with His Grace and Salvation, we will succeed no matter what. "For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for you that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him"... Thessalonian 4:13-18.

God will guild His children as they go after His plan? Imagine His plan for you, knowing that it will prosper you and will not harm you. Imagine a plan that will give you hope and a future. Imagine going thought life without fear or dismay. For me, at times, it is hard to imagine going thought life without a special someone. But God's plan is working for me, and that special someone may be there if it is in God's plan.

God will Bless you, just ask.

Observation

ycnan_59

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 May, 2010 12:55 AM

Sometimes singles think that the only way we can overcome loneliness is to find a spouse. We should realize that people around us are seeking connection with someone. While it is possible to feel alone in a crowd, we wouldn't if we were more willing to turn to someone in the crowd and interact.:glow:

Anyway, may I have you as additional prayer partner?

God bless you!

leipzig

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 08:44 AM

King James Version

{30:18} There be

three [things which] are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know

not: {30:19} The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon

a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man

with a maid.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2010 05:15 AM

There's nothing wrong with being single.Sometimes God just delays what we pray for.We are not here to question why almost everyone is single-these people have so much love in their hearts but love was so aloof and unkind.Everyone just wants to be loved and that love must be reciprocated.Two different people meet, and if that both world finally meet, its beautiful.Remember the story of The Notebook?Love is patient.Marrying in haste will end in misery.Its better to be loved by the other with unconditional love.....Of course all singles want to be loved, so just make the good impression-- sometimes be respectful...

Page : 1 2