Author Thread: Profile review by guys?
82scorpio

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 11:36 AM

May I get some of you guys to review my profile for me? I have had it posted for a while not and have had no responces. I would just like to know if there is anything I can do to make it sound better.

Thank you and God bless!

:waving:

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 06:48 PM

It's not bad, it's just you say you don't have much hobbies and that sounds a little boring. List stuff you like, such as favorite movies,games,t.v. shows,sports teams,colors, etc. Lists things you don't like such as a type of food or drink. What type of guys are you into/what qualites are the most important to you. What things do you really dislike in a guy?

Hope this helped,

Arod

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 07:38 PM

I gotta admit your profile seems fine to me. You seem like a nice down to earth christian lady to me from your profile. In all honesty I don't think most people on here get a huge load of responses all the time. For me it has been up and down and it took awhile in the beginning to get a response. I update my profile fairly often and that seems to help. One thing maybe you could do is get a picture or two with friends or when you are out rather than just the traditional "head shot." I sometimes look at the pictures on a profile for clues on who a person is. I look for a nice smile, pictures that show the lady is fun loving, goofy, basically a fun person. Hope that helps. :waving:

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 18 Apr, 2009 02:03 AM

Hi,

First let me introduce myself. I'm Dan. One of my majors in college was in Human Communication. The other was in Psychology. Now, I'm not an expert, but maybe I can help.

Your profile was good. But, lets see if we can't make it better. Here are my suggestions. The first impression comes from your picture (which is "worth a thousand words"). I would put one of the other ones you have on your profile as your main picture. (I like the one with the sun shinning through the window best.)

Next it seems to me you got some of your interests in the "about me" section. That makes it a bit hard to read about the person behind the interests, and it makes you seem a bit confused. There is also some information that is repeated, and some men tend not to want to read things twice. There is also information that guys can find out later. It will give you something to talk about later.

I think profiles should be "SHORT and SWEET," myself. So, if I may be a bit presumptuous, let me give you a makeover to the best of my ability. I will try to preserve the "YOU" in my makeover. Feel free to cut and paste it to your profile, and/or modify it.

God bless, and happy hunting. I will be praying for you.

Dan :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Interests: hiking, camping, fishing, playing volleyboll or baseball, going on walks, computers, computer games, singing, drawing, music, movies, and spending time with friends.

About me: I love the Lord with all my heart, and always try to put Him first. Yet, it will take a while to change, having put other things first for so long. Still, with His help, I knnow I can do ALL things. I'm an easy going person, and I try to get along with everyone. I love to laugh, and love to see others laugh and enjoy themselves. I would like to get married and have kids one day. Jesus is the top love in my life, and i would like to share Him with whomever is to be my second love. But, I'm not in a hurry, as I would like to find the right person. Right now I'd just like to casually date.

I should mention that I'm currently seeking employment, and hoping to have a job soon.

Well, If you are interested or would like to know more about me, send me a message. I know some girls don't like to receive winks. But, if you wink at me and I like your profile, I just might wink back.

Have a great day and God bless!

First date: Well, I usually hope the guy has it somewhat planned out. Hopefully it would consist of going out for coffee, or out to dinner would be nice. What about a second date? It would be nice to go on one of those off-the-wall dates... where you go horseback riding, or go on a picknick. Going to church would be nice, or out hiking. That would give you a chance to get to know a different side to the other person that you wouldn't have seen before.

Gourd00

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 18 Apr, 2009 06:12 PM

The first thing i would do is switch your main profile pic, from the one u have up, to the one that is right next to it in your profile (the one that is second to last and has the stronger green tint to the walls), as this is a really good pic of u, and guys almost 100% of the time look at the picture first. If we cant picture ourselves waking up next to u, we usually wont bother reading the description because it wouldnt matter anyway.

The second thing i did is copy and pasted your about me section below, and removed the things i would remove (my opinion), and i added some ideas u might try putting in, like exta details (because u say everything twice because u put it all in your "interests" already, so it seems boring to read).

"The main things im pursuing right now are .... (insert the biggest things your pursuing as passions in life, dont mention a job (or a lover), mentioning on a dating site out loud that you're unemployed makes people less interested). I also like to (dont mention hanging out with friends, everyone mentions it, not to mention its a very bland statement of something everyone normally would be expected to do) go on hikes and walks, enjoy playing (insert the games you enjoy) on the computer, sing, and draw among other things. I like to laugh and lighten up others' atmospheres. Im into music, anything from contemporary Christian to hip-hop, as long as its not vulgar.

Im only interested in casual dating at the moment (or friends to start), but if it becomes something more, then great. If you are interested or would like to know more about me, send me a message."

I removed the single white female part because everything u said in that sentence people can already tell by looking at your stats from searching for their age range and stuff, so its mildly repetitive. Also, a person saying they are single on a dating site, at least a christian one anyways, always humors me because it reminds me of sinners open to a "fun time." So it might be worthwhile to leave that out. I removed a lot of stuff that was "something everyone says", like u urself said "i want what many people want.. to get married and have kids... etc etc" (something like that anyway). Removing this stuff, or making it personal to u is important, because people are looking for individuals in a spouse, and not just another person that they crossed eyes with at a grocery store. U dont want to blend into the crowd, u want to stand out. Also, i removed the whole long part about how much u love jesus. This is a christian dating site, so christians coming here will expect u to love Jesus, and they are going to be able to tell as they get to know u, so trying to prove a point by writing a paragraph about it on here may only make them think that your eccentric in a bad way. Also, its another cliche thing people always write about, especially because this is a christian site. I got rid of the "have a good day and god bless" because if i come to read a description, im looking to find things about who she is, and i dont need to be told to have a good day, either im interested in your personality, or i wasnt really interested to begin with and was going to move on. The "have a good day" doesnt do a lot, and also, u are telling a random amount of people to have a good day, when u could have wrote those words like 2 years ago. its just kinda eh. But that could also be my opinion as well; other guys may be different.

Anyways, hope that helped.

82scorpio

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2009 08:29 PM

Ok guys, I've changed it up and I'd like to know what you think. I do have some other pictures on my plenty of fish that are not on here yet. Just go to the address below and take a look please and let me know if I have better pics on there , you can also find me on myspace. thanks for your comments and opinions! God bless!!

Starr:waving::angel::dancingp:

View Profile
History
Profile review by guys?
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 10:20 AM

Looking good, Sister!!! I think you picked one the best pictures. I looked at the photos on plentyoffish. Most of the ones you don't have here seem kind of dark. I still like the one with sun shinning threw the window behind you. Just my personal taste. It just looks more romantic to me. But, keep the one up there you think is best. It's not bad at all.

God bless, and best wishes,

Dan