Author Thread: In this world
Admin

In this world
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 09:31 PM

Hi my name is Lisa,

I have a point of view and am looking to get your take on it. Please feel free to respond by blog, or by email directly to me. Your opinions are welcomed.

In order to acheive salvation, all on this site are born again. Meaning, we have all sinned, we have passed judgement against one another, we have been hurt.

On this site, I have found a wonderful man. The holy spirit keeps impressing upon me to stick with it. That He is special. And I have. I hav found him online and tried to im him, but our relationship is growing via emails.

My query is, I know that most of us on this site have been wounded. Wounded because we have chosen to fall for those who are not only not saved, but are worldly. Come on ladies, like Eve, we have chosen men who have been dangerous, bad boys even. The result being hurt, discontent, and heartbreal.

My question is.........if we seriously are looking for a life partner in the Lord, shouldn't we lay our past at the alter. We can not as Christians live in the past, but must go forward in faith. We must risk baring our selves to one another in the name of God, believing that He and He alone will send that special someone should it be His will.

Never forget brothers and sisters, for the scars of past relationships serve as reminders of what we don't want. However, let go and let God dictat our futures.:hearts:

View Profile
History
In this world
Posted : 20 Apr, 2009 10:37 PM

its a christian dating site as we all know..shouldnt we as adults realize that we cant carry the past into this site especially if we are born again?? truly born again means we have no emotional scars if that be the case maybe its wise to feel deal and heal before coming onto site

tristan07

View Profile
History
In this world
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 09:27 AM

Actually bro, scarring is often what takes place AFTER a wound has healed. it's not an open, gaping, infected wound anymore, but there is scar tissue, which usualy lasts a long time, if not forever. I have a wound on my arm from a knife fight from years and years ago that you can still see.the pains gone, it's in the past, but I still have a scar.

And I have emotional scars too, but my wounds have healed and I have moved on into the health and security of the Lords love. I will always remember the things and people who hurt me in the past, but I've no need to dwell on and I just learn from them and let those very lessons determine my future course of action.