Author Thread: Probation...how long?
Admin

Probation...how long?
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 06:35 PM

I'd like to pose this question mainly to the fellas, please.

Hey, guys! I'd like to pick your brains about something.

Have any of you recently or in the past hit it off with somebody on this or any other dating website where you've been in constant communication on a daily basis? I'm not talking about fluff, but discussing topics of substance.

If so, how long did you exchange emails/phone calls before you considered them a friend and/or a potential mate?

In the meantime, I really hope you're all enjoying the beautiful spring weather and sharing the love of Christ everyday.

Thanks to all in advance for your nuggets of wisdom.

Jesus Lives!

Jocelyn.

Jocelyn.

View Profile
History
Probation...how long?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 03:45 AM

Hi,

As most of the people on this site know, I met Lydia here and we started talking about 3 months ago. We talked every day several times until the last month, when we drifted apart.

I think it takes about that long to see if they are a match. Many times you will end up like me, starting over. But I think it is better than rushing into something.

Blessings,

Leon

View Profile
History
Probation...how long?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 11:02 AM

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep." (Romans 12:15, NKJV)

Leon,

My heart grieves for both you and Lydia. You are two of the few that I actually look forward to reading posts on this site. The Lord has used you both to offer encouragement when I have needed it.

I truly appreciate your honesty and heart for allowing God to speak His words through you. You have always tried to bring peace in the numerous Foums, all the while as I'm sure while you ride out the storms of life.

The word says that those who water, will themselves be watered. So, I can say with confident expectation that you will reap many times over the love you have sown to all of us.

I am praying for you both for the Lord's healing. He always finishes what he starts. (Phil. 1:6)

In Jesus Love(and mine),

Jocelyn.

View Profile
History
Probation...how long?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2009 10:19 PM

Hi Jocelyn,

Thank you for the lovely words. We are both fine, we talk every day. We are just going to be friends. I think we were both relieved when we finally talked about it.

She is an amazing lady, and will make someone a great wife, just not me. We are on different paths, and make much better friends than anything else.

The path I am on is not easy for a woman. I am not even sure God wants me to have one in my life right now. I am going to follow my calling, and if I find a woman along the way great.... if not, that's okay, too. God will provide me with everything He wants me to have, including a woman.

Great to see you still posting.

God bless,

Leon

gracefreedme

View Profile
History
Probation...how long?
Posted : 22 May, 2009 09:05 AM

Jocelyn,

I beleive you already know the answer to this question from reading some of your other posts. Pray about it, pray,pray,pray. If you trust in the Lord rather than your "feelings" he will never lead you astray. Always use caution and discernment before giving out any personal info. Always beware of any guy that wants your personal e-mail or phone # right away. One of the reasons this site is so great is that we can converse freely with each other through here. That is meant to be a safeguard for us, USE IT!!!!!!!!!!