Author Thread: BibleLady Needs Love Advice:4-30-09
Admin

BibleLady Needs Love Advice:4-30-09
Posted : 30 Apr, 2009 05:18 PM

:excited::Guyes I found a wonderful sweet guy on this Disabled Internet Dating Site. e goes by the name of Trevour not his real name as BibleLady is not my real name. Hr is a divoriced because his ex wife was influnced by her co workers to divorice cause of his disability. Like myself he was hurt by love and we both want marriage one day. How will I know when God will let me know if Trevour is the one? He is a Christian I believe, goes to The Church Of England. Because of his disability he can only sit for a short period of time * because of it he told me he hasn't been to church for six months. Well all you Christia Single men any advice for me?

Thank you & God bless! Peace Always!BibleLady

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 May, 2009 01:25 AM

Knowing the will of God is not an easy thing. My rule of thumb in finding out if something is of God or not is this; Do I want to do it? If the answer is "no not really" then it usually is the right thing to do (for me). So I suggest you write out a list of reasons you would not like to marry this guy, and a list of reasons you want to be with him.

Not really a pros & Cons thing, but let it speak for itself. Before writing out the list PRAY. While writing the lists you may think of things you did not before. Be detailed in what you write. When you are done imagine being stranded on an island for many years with this person. Do you cringe or smile? Imagine if this person was suddenly taken out of your life. Do you feel relife or longing?

If the answer is not obvious to you PRAY again. Ask God to reveil his plan for you. Don't forget to PRAY.

John_O

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2009 06:39 PM

You know he is "The One" when God tells you so.

When the love you have for each other is not built on worldy standards of "falling into and out of love" but is based on a agape, sacrificial love that endures challenges and "seasons".

When you can trust, honor, and obey him knowing that he will help you fulfill whatever purpose God has designed for you. When you can see the Christlike nature in him (ie, he is not consistently seeking selfish advantage and not willfully and knowingly hurting others to achieve some goal).