Author Thread
John_O

View Profile
Looks!
Posted : 23 Sep, 2013 05:21 PM

Abraham told Abimelech Sarah was his sister because he was worried he might be killed because Sarah was so beautiful.

When Isaac saw Rebekah his eyes about bugged out of his head.

Jacob favored Rachel over Leah, because of looks.

Lets not forget Potiphar's wife though Joseph was a stud. There are more as well through out the Bible. Seems looks have always played a part to some extent.

John_O

View Profile
Do any of you guys actually wait until marriage on here?
Posted : 17 Sep, 2013 06:02 PM

At first looking at the replys, I wasn't sure if this was " Ask the Guys" or "Ask the girls" LOL. But simply put. No before I became a Christian, Yes since becoming a Christian. And no It aint easy! :goofball:

John_O

View Profile
WHY ARE GUYS SO MEAN?
Posted : 14 May, 2012 11:42 AM

Pray about it.... forget about it. and move on. Not usely a good outcome when co-workers date.

John_O

View Profile
looks
Posted : 13 May, 2012 04:00 PM

Even with Christians I believe there has to be a physical attraction. It's the first thing we notice. Now what we all find attractive if different . Heck it's found as early in the Bible as Genesis 6: 2 ...... that they were fair. Fair translated beautiful. Gen 12: 11 ... art a fair woman to look upon.

When Abram saw Sarai Gen 12:14 .. beheald the woman was very fair. :hearts: LOL. How about Isaac saying Rebekah was is sister because he was worried about being killed because ... she was fair to look at. Gen 26:7.

Now guys, I don't advise you to call your girlfriends "Fair" unless you are ready to do some explaining :laugh:

John_O

View Profile
Where in Scripture does it say...
Posted : 17 Aug, 2011 10:31 AM

The English word Canon comes from the Greek word that means "measuring stick"

When the church formally recognized which books belong in the canon they used 5 primary tests

1 Is the book written or backed by a prophet or apostle of God Deuteronomy 18:18 2Peter 1:20-21

2 Is the book authoritive (sp)

3 Does the book tell the truth about God as it is already knowed by previous revelation Acts 17:11 Galatians 1:8

4 Does the book give evidence of having the power of God

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Hebrews 4:12

5 Was the book accepted by the people of God

Deuteronomy 31:24-26 Joshua 24:25-27

Colossians 4:16 1Thessalonians 2:13 ; 5:27

John_O

View Profile
what attracts you most
Posted : 10 Jul, 2011 04:16 PM

Physical fitness is attractive to me. I work out hard so helps to have the same.

Being in touch with God.. (DUH) :ROFL:

John_O

View Profile
wink or message?
Posted : 11 Apr, 2011 06:30 PM

I don't care for winks myself. Just don't seem very Christian to me. I mean I wouldn't wink at a lady I saw in the store!

I have said before I wish they had "waves? instead if "winks"

John_O

View Profile
Don't forget to change your age range
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 07:12 PM

I turn 52 tomorrow, so don't forget to up your age range

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Many blessings!

John_O

View Profile
To wink or not to wink
Posted : 30 May, 2010 08:12 PM

I don't care for winks myself but when I get one I'm ok with it, but I won't send one. It's all that on this site. I have said many times I wish they would replace the wink with a wave.

If I were to "wink' at a girl I saw on the street ,would that be a very Christian thing to do?? No diffrent when sending one here if you ask me.

Instead of sending a wink, just send him a quick note saying hi.

John_O

View Profile
WHY
Posted : 30 May, 2010 11:17 AM

Has nothing to do with the topic but....................

I love target shooting. We have a range right down the street. I own hand guns, rifles, and shotguns.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riding horses is not abuse. mistreating them is. While I don't really care for bits they are nessaceary. I was able to teach Peanut to ride without one though which was great for both of us.

It is ludicrous to believe that someone who actively sets out to kill a healthy animal for fun, trophy or profit really cares about wild animals specifically or nature in general. Photographs of smiling hunters posing with their dead victims hardly reflect the kind of �caring� that most normal people relate to. Why is it that hunters, as so-called conservationists, are interested only in those animals that are most attractive as trophies, most enjoyable to eat or most �challenging� to hunt?

hunter selects only the finest specimens to kill. This is in direct contradiction of the role of true predators, who hunt the old, disabled and unwary and in so doing maintain the health of the populations. Predators too old, disabled or incompetent are also preyed on, but not by human hunters who only want healthy specimens in the prime of life. Hunting is wrong because for no good reason it violates the most basic right of any living creature � the right to life.

In my dealings with hunters I have found them to be notoriously intolerant of anyone who questions their so-called �ethics� or who dares to criticise their violent pastime. Anyone who opposes the killing of innocent animals by hunters is labeled a �bunny-hugger" �unrealistic�, �impractical�, �emotional�, �ignorant� even a �terrorist� if you happen to be an animal rightist.

As far as meat goes, google "factory farms"

Again this has nothing to do with my question (to the ladys here) which is why they would send me a wink. If I see a profile that says she likes hunting, I just move on.

Start a new thread if you want to ask more questions, I will be happy to answer you.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6