Author Thread: Why lie?
Admin

Why lie?
Posted : 9 May, 2009 09:54 AM

I wonder how many of you have been confronted with dishonesty. The profile reads one way and the writer says otherwise.How long did a relationship last before the lies revealed. How many of you lied on your profile?

Fact about dishonesty and think about:

You have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Cowboy4GOD

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 9 May, 2009 11:40 PM

Howdy,

Sometimes I have noticed with people that they may have great intentions of leading their life completely down the straight and narrow path, or changing their life around (building up a great relationship with God). They will act as if they are already filling the shoes, even though they still hold onto parts of their old life, where they sin. Instead of shedding the shielding skin, and just learning from it and moving on, I have found a lot of people act as if they dont have those sinning qualities. They will act to the point of "If I find a great person who is strong in the Lord, I am sure they help me stay on the straight path".

I believe what it basically boils down to, is that the person has not completely submitted themselves, and their life to the Lord. While they may be impulsive, and believing they can change with the drop of a hat, they dont take the actual initiative to fix the foundation of what is causing the problem...they have not completely removed all of the temples of the enemy from their heart (replacing them with beautiful temples for God).

Next time you run into someone like this, or find out someone has said, or done something completely against what they stand for in their written profile ... maybe act compassionate towards them. Act as a Christian would, and try to help them, for surely there is something they would obviously be needing help with. Pray for them. WWJD sort of thing. Talk with them, and see if you can pinpoint exactly with them, what it is that is blocking their ability to be an honest Christian.

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 27 May, 2009 05:06 PM

Some of us do not lie! :glow: Sincerely, mark

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 27 May, 2009 06:15 PM

Amen Cowboy,

Great post!

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 11:44 PM

I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt. 1 Cor 13 says Love...believes all things. if I say I'm 57 should I really tell the truth and say I'm 57 and 1/2? ;

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 11:44 PM

I usually give someone the benefit of the doubt. 1 Cor 13 says Love...believes all things. if I say I'm 57 should I really tell the truth and say I'm 57 and 1/2? ;

bexy2

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 08:18 AM

I've never lied in my profile...take me or leave me!

What was posted on my pages are true but not every aspect in my life is entrusted for public consumption because I have the right to secure my privacy even if my profile speaks about me...

Yes, why LIE when you have all the chances to be TRUE?:angel:

ashima

View Profile
History
Why lie?
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:33 PM

We lie due to several reasons......imperfection is always a cover it all reason, But to be serious we lie to cover up our imperfections...to make ourselves more Holy......but the simple truth is this.

God will always bring to light what we hide in the dark......so tell the truth. Sooner or later it will come out and how is a relationship to start......based on lies?

As Christ followers we are all striving to more like him. Aren't we? We study his word to understand how we should be. Perfection will only be there in heaven......here.....we run the race and try not to get tired.