Author Thread: Star Trek
Admin

Star Trek
Posted : 9 May, 2009 09:57 AM

So, has any one else seen this movie? Are you going to? What do you think of it?

I, for one, loved it.

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 12 May, 2009 05:47 PM

What would you rate it out of ten? My dad/bro wants to go see the movie so i'll prob go with them. I'm not really a fan of Star Trek though. I like fantasy (Lord Of The Rings and such ) more then sci-fi for some reason.

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 12 May, 2009 07:31 PM

I would give it a solid 8 and a half out of ten stars.

Well developed characters (that did not expect that you knew who the heck eveyone was. I think the one big assumption was that the viewers knew what Star Fleet was, not too off considering it's one of our biggest historical pop icons). Well developed story line (I would go so far as to claim there was a duel story line, which they pulled off quite well). Great score. The effects were bar none. And, lots of little tidbits for people who actually knew stuff about the characters and the series. Funny, fast paced, poiniant, and dramatic. With one or two small exceptions I'd say it was nearly perfect for a sci-fi movie.

Aardvark

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 4 Jul, 2009 06:18 PM

Has anyone seen Yoda around. I have misplaced him and i cant find him any where. now, where in the world could he have gone. hey, maybe he hitched a ride on the Enterprise and is on a different world.:ROFL:

noothergods32

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 01:23 PM

I loved the movie, I'd probably give it a 9-91/2, I think its safe to assume that those watching would know what starfleet was and even if they didn't it's not extremely hard to figure out. While I loved the temporal play I do think it was a little odd to change things so drastically and create a whole new universe when they have had time travel episodes and movies before which never brought in the concept of creating branching realities.

gwynatlarche

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 27 Nov, 2009 01:10 PM

yikes a star wars fan. poor poor you. i loved the new star trek film the best yet can wait for the next realease

meekor

View Profile
History
Star Trek
Posted : 30 May, 2011 06:22 PM

outstanding .....tribute to the startrek genre....actually portrayed the characters as they were from the very beginning.... Good acting, story, storyline, and special effectsvery fast paced wish it was longer lol