Author Thread: Science Fiction
Admin

Science Fiction
Posted : 7 Jul, 2014 10:01 PM

I am interested in meeting other Christians in the world, male or female that love to read science fiction. Who all loves the science fiction genre and especially who here loves the Christian Science Fiction genre?:applause: I know I am interested, who else is?

RobertLeeRE

View Profile
History
Science Fiction
Posted : 8 Jul, 2014 12:52 AM

Simply have never run into Christian sci-fi before. Most good sci-fi I have read by now have been rather new age or contained blasphemy unfortunately :(

View Profile
History
Science Fiction
Posted : 11 Jul, 2014 12:33 AM

CS Lewis did Christian Science Fiction. There are some obscure authors that do it, I am one of them. I just recently published a Christian Science Fiction novel and to see it you can go to one of my blogs here at this link:

http://babylonthegreatamerica.blogspot.com/

i am seeking Christian bloggers interested in reading my book in exchange for a review on their blog and on Amazon. If thiis is something that looks interesting for you to read email me your address at [email protected] and will send you a free book if your Christian and can post a review on Amazon (good or bad)

By the way this site is a really good place to meet your future wife. I am currently engaged to a Laddy I met on this site and we plan to marry by the end of the year, so that is a great testimony of this site right!

RobertLeeRE

HiswillHistime

View Profile
History
Science Fiction
Posted : 21 Oct, 2016 07:37 PM

Me! Have you read the Elizabeth Moon books? I believe they are Christian Fantasy.

I read epic fantasy books and series for fun really. I don't adopt the beliefs as my own but enjoy them as an "imaginative escape" to relax.

I don't do the "dark" novels but enjoy a well-developed plot and characters, and descriptive passages.

What have you enjoyed reading lately?

Robert Jordan and the Sanderson books are good. Right now I'm reading the Discworld Series and enjoying the clever puns thrown in. You have to pay attention or they can slip by you.

aceetsx8

View Profile
History
Science Fiction
Posted : 5 Jan, 2018 04:54 PM

My views on Science Fiction seem to be rather ambivalent. On the one hand, I disliked some of the foundational works in the genre. On the other, I enjoy Star Wars very much.

Many years ago I read Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. I still remember the climactic scene vividly. The two main characters are traveling fast through what appears to be the inside of a volcano. The younger of the two panics like crazy. He (rightly) thinks their lives are in danger. The elder is calmness personified. This elder gentlemen is preoccupied with trying to determine whether the said volcano is about to erupt just now! To me, that felt wrong at the time and it still does somehow.

C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy did not improve matters for me. It is actually one of the very few book-cherries which I have failed to finish reading. I stopped roughly half way through Paralandra. I don't remember why exactly.

Having said that, I have become a huge Star Wars fun of late. Although I have never read the comics or the books, I have enjoyed the original trilogy greatly. It is truly one of the masterpieces of cinematography. I even had mild appreciation for the prequel trilogy. The new trilogy actually served to introduce me to the whole thing. Still, I think my appreciation is for the story line and the characters, rather than the technical details involving x-wings, tie fighters, death-stars or midichlorians.

So, I guess I am saying that I am open to reconsidering my initial impressions of the genre.

Romy_Romy^

View Profile
History
Science Fiction
Posted : 6 Sep, 2021 02:45 PM

I just finished Liu Cixin 'The Three Body Problem' trilogy. He has become the first famous Chinese science fiction writer and has won huge awards in this area.

I had never read sci fi before and these books were absolutely incredible, and the science he discusses is actually quite plausible, which shows the level of his research when writing ^^