Author Thread: He's so not handy....
Admin

He's so not handy....
Posted : 18 May, 2009 09:09 AM

Hi ladies,

okay suppose that you are married and your husband is not a handyman type. He tries to fix things, but he does not really know how and often makes matters worse! What do you do or say? Do you just try to fix things yourself? What say you?

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 18 May, 2009 08:50 PM

I would be honored to provide my penny on this one.

As his help-mate, my role is to lift him up, and build him up. Always. Proverbs 31 states this so eloquently in verse 23 that he is known in the gates because of her.

I would suggest taking do-it-yourself courses and ask him if we could sign up together. I would show concern and support him in anyway I can by getting involved with whatever home project he's working on.

I have friends who are not yet believers who already display this type of love. They sign up with me for Habitat for Humanity to learn construction, they take up Golf, whatever it takes to be actively involved in their marriage.

Love is a verb. We were created for Man, not the other way around. As future wives, we must allow God to love them through us by standing with, and not against them.

LIY,

J.

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 18 May, 2009 08:54 PM

Jocelyn,

Amen girl, what a beautiful answer. I am proud to call you my sister.

Abundant blessings, Lydia

Linnie41

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 19 May, 2009 12:55 AM

I agree with Joycelyn's answer completely. However, in getting to know our mate through dating, I would think by the time we choose to marry them, we would know that they aren't "handy." Personally, I'm the "handy" one. Lol. I'm hoping to find the one that can cook!!! Ha Ha (Yes, my friends have called me "domestically challenged. Lol)

Blessings!

Lynn

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 19 May, 2009 08:18 AM

Linnie,

I have noticed that there are a lot of chefs on this site, we need to hook you up with one. He can do the cooking and cleaning up and you can fix things. lol

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 19 May, 2009 05:43 PM

Have you ever seen "Tool Time"? It was an old tv show with Tim Allen and Johnothan Taylor Thomas. Anyway, he was not handy, but his wife usually let him go on and try and do it himself until he'd managed to staple his food or something. I'd probably be like that. Esp. since I have so many of my own crazy shenanigans, I think I'd let him have his, and deal with it or perhaps call in my brother to work with him when it didn't turn out well. I'm very good at dealing with anything that is not someone being mean to me. I would cheer for him and smooch him if he did something right too.^^

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
He's so not handy....
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 12:02 PM

Is there seriously such thing as a guy that isn't handy? Wow... lol I live in a boonie-bubble. The woman that suggested the classes and stuff seems right on task- - can't learn something you're not good at without classes and practice.