Author Thread: why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Admin

why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 12:01 PM

dear folks, heres why...

2 corinthians 6:14-18 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them

And walk among them.

I will be their God,

And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them

And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,

And I will receive you."

18 "I will be a Father to you,

And you shall be My sons and daughters,

Says the Lord Almighty."

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD

ole cattle

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 06:19 PM

Cattleman is so right on this for to be yoked with someone who's faith does not balance your own is like trying to serve two masters, which the Lord says you will come to love one and hate the other, so which would you choose, to hate the Lord your God, or your spouse? Neither would be good or desirable.

I cannot imagine being connected to a luke warm Christian for I am trial by Fire and Believe you LIVE IT daily, and WALK IT Always! To allow myself to be yoked with someone of lesser faith would only diminish my ability to serve as I am called to do by my Love for the Lord Jesus Christ my Savior who would do all things for me.

To be with someone that resents how much I chose to contribute of my money or my time or my heart to lift up those in need, well what do you think the disagreements would be about. Then what do you do, follow your heart for Christ or keep peace with your spouse, in my case the man, the head of the house who should be leading the house.

If you do not share the same fire, one will quench the other.

Tarasye:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 08:09 PM

Thank you too and may the heavens shine upon you. Indeed God loves us all even the sinners and we should pray for our lost brothers and sisters so that they can come and share our Gifts of salvation! we should not discern each other but always look into ourselves and the teachings of the Gospel.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 08:54 AM

How would you advice someone who was a single believer, then married a none believer. But after much conviction and repentence just realised what a mess they put themselves in.

vic

Page : 1 2 3