Author Thread: why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Admin

why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Posted : 18 May, 2009 12:01 PM

dear folks, heres why...

2 corinthians 6:14-18 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them

And walk among them.

I will be their God,

And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them

And be separate, says the Lord.

Do not touch what is unclean,

And I will receive you."

18 "I will be a Father to you,

And you shall be My sons and daughters,

Says the Lord Almighty."

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2009 10:45 PM

Excellent scriptures,

I will add my two cents worth,

A bishop saved for 30 years told me, that dating an unbeliever is like going to the graveyard".

they dont have the life of God of Christ within them they are dead.

They are also under the influence of the devil, and that big time.

Unbelievers and sinners have done so much damage in my life.

I have finally got enuff sanity that i will never date a sinner.

Sinners need to get saved.

Sinners do what sinners do, they are lost they are on their way to hell they need Jesus big time they sin and they rebel against God daily. they will have their part in the lake of fire. they need Jesus. i would have to be in a backsliding state if i was to date a sinner again.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:32 AM

dear tech, welcome to the forums.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 05:32 PM

Being married only once to an unbeliever was quite a challenge to say the least. On top of it, he was English and with the cultural difference and unbelief it made life interesting at first. But, once married you begin to see the true nature of someone and I didn't like what I saw.

At the time I was not saved and even my gut instinct said, "Don't Go There". Didn't listen. After the divorce I ran amouk for awhile and decided enough was enough. Started going to church and joined a bible study group that lasted 9 years. It was AWESOME :)

An as everyone here knows, once you invite Jesus in He starts changing you from the inside out. My "ex" still has a difficult time with my beliefs. I pray for him as I know he is very lost and has so much bitterness inside him.

Bottom line it, if the good Lord has someone in mind for me, he has to believe with all his heart and soul that Jesus is his Lord and Savior.

Life throws us enough curves, but if there is someone by your side that you can pray with and lean on an they can lean on you, God will work it out for HIS good.

As far as I'm concerned, HE HAS TO BE BORN AGAIN no if's and's or but's.

ImHis

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 09:58 AM

AMEN 2 THAT CATTLE.

:peace:

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 12:02 PM

It is vital to be equally yoked. While it might mean that I remain single for a very long time, to be with some one who is not born again just is not an option. A marriage can only be solid when it is built on the rock of Jesus.

Fal

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 08:22 PM

I'm so glad i started looking at the forums. The only thing I might add is that marriage is also a partnership in ministry, not just raising a family, though that is the most important ministry we can engage in. God has a plan for all of us and He chooses our partner to help us.

Andrew

Dayna389

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:28 AM

There are scriptures all over the Bible that tell us.

Amos 3:3 How shall two walk together, if they be not in agreement?

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers:for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity, or what communion has light with darkness.

This scripture includes more than marriage, it includes fellowship, church, yes there are false believers in the church. Read all of this chapter and it tells you what God commands of us in this situation.

It is important to stay equally yoked, however, here are other scriptures for those already in an unequally yoked relationship.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 But to the rest I say, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and she is content to dwell with him, let him not leave her. (13) And the woman that has an unbelieving husband, and he is content to dwell with her, let her not leave her husband. (14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

I suggest reading any of these scriptures for yourself, cause it may say something for you personally.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 12:12 PM

Hi All,

I agree w/the posts here. I�ve often said that it�s imp�t to go beyond just being a Christian & to look at a person�s relationship w/the Lord. Recently, I was at a social gathering w/a group of friends from a church I attend. They keep wanting help me meet someone. They�ve made comments about a particular individual that some of them know. So, the last time we were together, I asked some questions. When I asked if he was a Christian, some started to say �no, but�� well, I stopped right there & said I wasn�t interested. (I wasn�t anyway, but just wanted to find out more about their motives--possibly get together at all costs?) I told them I didn�t want to be a missionary spouse (explained what that was) & didn�t believe it was right. Some of these folks have been w/the Lord for a while, older than I, & supposedly mature in their faith. The pastor�s wife chimed in & supported my comments & explained about being equally yoked; interesting discussion to say the least. I would like to believe that my friend�s only meant to be sincere & wanted the best for me, but I�m not so desperate that I was willing to go along w/their suggestion. I�m telling you this story to hopefully encourage all of us here & to stay w/the Lord�s plan for our lives--His Way or No Way.

Take care,

Janet

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 07:54 PM

AMEN !!! You hit the nail right on the head. If you are not equally yoked you can forget about your life being blessed. It will only end in distruction not only for you but everyone in contact with you. I lived it, believe me it is TOTAL HELL ON EARTH! You have to become friends , make sure this person is equally yoked to you, God is #1 in both lives. If you have any sign that he or she is not.. RUN!! Life is to short to not follow God's rules, its so much easier and just wait, pray and god will bring the one he has made exactly for you! Plus, if you meet someone ask them to pray with you, go to church with you see where their goals are in life before waisting both of your time..

negron9515

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 08:50 AM

It is not just that both members be believers, they should have morwe or less the same level of spiritual maturity. Trying to explain the Gospel to an unsaved person is like trying to speak with someone in a foriegn language. No matter how basic the words, the unsaved person will not understand the maning of the Gospel. For this reason, both must be evenly yoked.

Page : 1 2 3