Author Thread: What to seek in a man and woman.
Ruth4

View Profile
History
What to seek in a man and woman.
Posted : 18 May, 2009 10:14 PM

For all woman and men to see:

I am not an expert on relationships but I just wanted to share some teaching that I have received from my Pastor on what women should look for in a man and what a man should look for in a woman.This was from a sermon on what to look for in a potential husband/wife.

Women want a man who:

1. Has a car.

The kind of car he has tells what kind of image he wants to project. Does he value speed or comfort? That can say a lot about what kind of relationship he wants.

2. Has a job/career plan.

Needs stable income. Have a job means he has discipline to get up each morning and go to work. Know how he treats of think about his manager/supervisor/boss. Can he take care of you?

3. Has a proper relationship with his mother.

Not the same as mommy. Values her counsel but is separated from her. He will treat you the way he treats his mother. Also does she(mother) controls him as an adult. Some are subconsciously drawn to the same as the first females in their lives.

4. Has a financial plan.

Is he saving up for a home or paying off any debts. Study what a potential mate focus on what they spend their time and money on.

5. He has friends who are mature.

1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled

"Bad company corrupts good character."

Is he like his best friends. You attract what you are. Sometimes we are drawn to others out of a common weakness.

Look at the phone directory of someone who you are dating.(I know to some they may say it is an invasion of privacy but if there is nothing to be guilty of then there is nothing to hide.)

6. Has mentors in his life. Is he humble and teachable?

7. Does he have the reputation for being spiritual, kind, intergal and highly regarded by others.

1 Timothy 3:7 - He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil's trap.

Colossions 4:6 - Let you conversion be always full of grace, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Watch how they treat father figures i.e. pastor etc. Attitude towards a father figure is that same towards God.

Watch how he treats his pets.

Prov 12:10 A righteous man care for the needs of his animal.

I think this could also apply for a woman too.

MOST IMPORTANT!

8. Has the self-control to put limits on affection before marriage. A woman wants someone who is man enough to say no. If they sleep with you before marriage they will cheat on you during marriage.

I know that some will have their own opinion. This sermon was giving to a congregation of young people but the same can apply toward older adults.

Men want in Woman who:

1. Respects Him.

This is so important to men they would rather feel unloved than disrespected by a woman. Respect does not mean submission. Respect has to be earned. A wife should not mother her husband.

2.Is Pure.

How does she handle herself, spiritually, emotionally, physically. Is trustworthy. Men don't buy the cow when the milk is free.

1 Thes. 4:4-7-that each you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who does not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

Though we may have fall short of God's glory we have been forgiven by him and shall sin no more.

3. Is Attractive.

Not necessarily pretty-not shallow. But do you take care of your appearance. Do you love you neighbor as yourself.

Is she godly. Is she full of faith.

4. The Trinity of Beauty: Clothes/Hair/Makeup. This is important to be attractive.

5.Is Secure.

Balance of independance with dependance. (Not clingy, she can solve her own problems and issues.)

Proverbs 31:25 - She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.

6. Has a healthy relationship with her father or father figure(for those who don't have fathers.)

7. Has Godly ambitions. Does she have God include in her career, when raising a family, when building a home.

8. Can be financially independent. Ex. Not asking parents for money.

9. Is Positive!

Maybe both men and woman can learn something from this maybe we can look at ourselves and learn how to become better for the person God has for us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2009 05:03 PM

Wow! This is awesome - thanks so much for posting it!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2009 09:52 PM

I kind of think its funny that men want women to be attractive, but there is no mention of the reverse. heh heh heh.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jun, 2009 09:16 PM

I totally loved this post, but there is one thing that stuck with me.

" MOST IMPORTANT!

8. Has the self-control to put limits on affection before marriage. A woman wants someone who is man enough to say no. If they sleep with you before marriage they will cheat on you during marriage."

I can't say that I agree with this at all. I have known couples that have made that mistake, and have been happy for many years. I know, that none of these men would ever think of cheating on their wives. That statement is definitely debatable.

Ruth4

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 02:06 PM

voiceoftruth:

I think attractivness can also apply to the guys. I wouldn't date anyone who had bad hygiene and would wear sloppy clothes. Is that a bbq stain on that shirt? Appearance also does matter to women.

Ruth4

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2009 02:32 PM

In response to photoc4js reply.

This statement does not necessarily apply to everyone. But God does want us to apply His ideals to our own lives. Some men are totally loyal to their wives. But to a woman who wants to exercise caution and be saved from hurt feelings she has to see how this man will treat and show respect for her. He should not put any pressure on her to give herself up to him. How many have heard-" if you love me you will." I am not generalizing all men. Plus there is a lot of temptation between couples who Christians and waiting until they are married and honoring God's commandment. I know no one is perfect and anyone can stumble. But there are many woman who will appreciate a man who willing wait until they are married to have sex. Some affection, one thing can lead to another [not always] but sometimes can lead to sex before marriage, a woman could appreciate a man with self control. As far as sleeping with friends- again i am not generalizing all men but sometimes someone who has no respect for you before marriage will have no respect for you during marriage.

Ruth4

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 09:35 PM

made some mistakes in my typing i type too fast. waiting until marriage is something God want for all of us it is one of His Commandments.

Page : 1 2