Author Thread: Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Apostelle

View Profile
History
Where have all the virtuous women gone?
Posted : 2 Oct, 2014 09:03 AM

This is a serious question. I have been trying to find a virtuous woman my entire adult life. Even the single women in my church seem preoccupied with money and status. They all seem to be looking for "bad boys".

As a Christian man, I refuse to accept a woman who, after sleeping with half the men in town, suddenly decides that she wants a good man.

Ive worked hard all my life and tried by best to be a virtuous man. Now, when I am able to support a wife and family, there are no virtuous women left.

Im just tired of looking.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 06:10 PM

"No woman is worth condemning my eternal soul by making myself an adulterer."

then don't just stay away from the divorced women. stay away from ALL women. you do realize that a woman who is "never married" can be divorced as well and just lying about her status right? So if no woman is worth condemning your eternal soul by making yourself an adulterer, you shouldn't date anyone.

Probably I'm missing something in your logic. You exclude divorced women from your date list because they are probably secret adulterers. But EVERY woman is a potential secret adulterer.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Oct, 2014 08:37 PM

There are still a few of us left. Not saying that it's easy. But it goes both ways. When we constantly go from "hey how are you?" Then jump to something sexual. And I'm not blaming anyone other than ourselves but we are sinners who give in to fleshly desires too but with God's help we overcome things like that.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 02:03 AM

(then don't just stay away from the divorced women. stay away from ALL women. you do realize that a woman who is "never married" can be divorced as well and just lying about her status right?)

If she is within the US, you can find out if she has ever been married. Remember, most court records, including marriage records, are a matter of public record.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 02:24 AM

( There are still a few of us left. Not saying that it's easy. But it goes both ways. When we constantly go from "hey how are you?" Then jump to something sexual. And I'm not blaming anyone other than ourselves but we are sinners who give in to fleshly desires too but with God's help we overcome things like that.)

I dont. Never have. Unfortunately, most people dont know, or have forgotten, what virtuous really means.

I hear people speak of being moral. However, they do not know what it means to truly be a moral person. I had a conversation once about morality. The person I was speaking to said, "I have never robbed or murdered anyone". For some reason, he thought that that made him a moral person.

If we repent and ask forgiveness for our sins, we are still bound by our acts. A woman who commits adultery, and is divorced, while she may be forgiven by God, is still prohibited from remarriage. Forgiveness is for the life after this one. Forgiveness is not a free pass to commit another sin.

A Catholic friend of mine was bragging about the number of women he had slept with and about how much he drank on weekends. I said, "But brother, dont you know that each time you do that it is a sin?"

He said, "Its ok, I go to Confession every Sunday".

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 10:17 AM

G'day Curious,

I cannot agree with the following sentiment you expressed:

then don't just stay away from the divorced women. stay away from ALL women. you do realize that a woman who is "never married" can be divorced as well and just lying about her status right? So if no woman is worth condemning your eternal soul by making yourself an adulterer, you shouldn't date anyone.

The gentlemen was referring to divorced women and not deceptive people. Lie, cheat, steal and kill is evil incarnate and therefore a different conversation than having no wish to date a divorced woman. No one should date deceptive people unless you want your head put on backwards and your heart ripped out. If one has never been married then the idea of finding a similar person is not unreasonable. The Old Testament does describe the correct way to divorce under the correct circumstances, I do believe the original poster wishes to avoid the entire thing so as to avoid any possible inequity.

That is more or less his argument from how I read it.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2014 03:05 PM

@A_COOL_66

Exactly! That is the main reason I will not court a divorced woman.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2014 05:48 PM

I thought this was a question for girls :winksmile:

Apostolle we are very busy, a virtous woman has to do many things.

I think this only comes from a good home, on rare occacions just as a gift. But I learnt to be a virtous woman from my mom, this is the only way.

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2014 05:32 PM

Hello AngieVisage.

It was really an open question, but I was primarily interested in what women had to say.

It isnt just that virtuous women are busy. Here in the US we have had a sharp decline in morality. Virtue is almost unheard of in a women who has never married by the age of 30. This applies even to women who call themselves Christians. Alot of Americans think that virtue and morality mean the same thing.

And to many, if they havent robbed or killed someone, they think of themselves as "moral" and "virtuous".

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2014 06:42 AM

The good thing about Christ is that He can take a immoral person and make them virtuous. I've met many women like that, and also quite a few life-long virtuous women, but never a perfect one. I do know what you mean though, however, a virtuous woman is easier to find than a virtuous man in my opinion. There are many ways to be immoral. Perhaps it's a test for you, to see if you can have a merciful heart to accept a woman who has a sordid history but has chosen Christ. Even adultery/divorce can be forgiven you know.

1 John 2

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

:peace::peace:

Apostelle

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2014 07:17 AM

DHTM.

A woman cheats on her husband and he divorces her. She later repents of her sin and is forgiven, she still can not marry. Although her sin has been forgiven, she is still not virtuous.

virtuous

/ˈvɜːtʃʊəs/

adjective

1. characterized by or possessing virtue or moral excellence; righteous; upright

2. (of women) chaste or virginal

A prostitute can be forgiven her sins, but she is still not virtuous.

Page : 1 2 3 4