Author Thread: LET GLORY BE TO GOD
Admin

LET GLORY BE TO GOD
Posted : 22 May, 2009 12:30 PM

dear folks, today i wanna talk to ya bout summin that really weighs heavy on my heart.. even in my own church i see plaques that say in loving memory of .. so and so... or this on the new wings of your church building... because they gave alot of money to help pay for the expansions ... or this is dedicated in memory of..... so and so... this gripes me to no end.. its not your church ,its not my church , its not your pastors church... hear me when i say this the church is GODS church!!!!! nobody elses... and if anyones name should be on a plaque dedicating ot in loving memory of it should say in loving memory of JESUS CHRIST our SAVIOR. amen!!! or this buiding is dedicated to JESUS CHRIST our SAVIOUR!!!!!! AMEN!!! not to joe whoever.. the church is GODS and the monies that the good folks gave to help pay for the buildings or expansions was given to them by GOD .. so how come we are giving anyone else the credit ? !!! in the church we are all part of the body of christ .. the bible says that were not to show partiality.. aint it showing partiality to someone whether living or dead to have their name on the church? and not someone of lower social stature? james 2:1-4 1. my brethren do not hold the faith of our LORD JESUS CHRIST the LORD of glory with partiality. 2. for if their should come into your assembly a man with gold rings in fine apparel and there should also come in a poor man in filthy clothes , 3. and you pay attention to the one wearing the fine clothes and say to him ,you sit here in a good place and say to the poor man you stand there or sit here at my footstool. 4. have you not shown partiality among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts? ......now i think its great that someone who has much has gave to help the church build a building . but the poor man also gives tithes.. youre not sposed to do good things to get acknowlegement for them.. the bible says to do your good deeds in secret.. so why go out and advertise it on the church walls? its not right.. thats not how GOD intended for the church to operate.. by bestowing better greatness on one than another. id like to see those plaques come down and be replaced with GLORY BE TO GOD .. or THANK YOU GOD !!! anything but putting glory to a man or a woman in the church or a deceased church member ..... thank GOD and JESUS CHRIST the FATHER and the SON.. the right ones we are to be thankful to .!!!! may we each give more thanks to the LORD...... THANK YOU JESUS!! MAY GLORY BE TO GOD!

ole cattle

View Profile
History
LET GLORY BE TO GOD
Posted : 25 May, 2009 10:47 AM

Amen!