Author Thread: Christian Dating Rules
kidvid711

View Profile
History
Christian Dating Rules
Posted : 22 May, 2009 07:53 PM

I'm thinking about starting dating late this year or early next year. This is the rules I think that is appropriate.

Well.. Its more like my rules, not conflicting with the bible.

1. Date the person if He/She is single. - Not someone that has a boyfriend/girlfriend already.

2. No sex before marriage.- of course.

3. Be aware of your hygiene's.

4. No boasting, jealous, envy, etc.

Anyone else got anymore rules? Rules that doesn't go against the bible.

View Profile
History
Christian Dating Rules
Posted : 25 May, 2009 09:41 PM

Date the person if He/She is single. - Not someone that has a boyfriend/girlfriend already.

This rule tells me your a young kid. I'm of the opinion that you draw the line at married/unmarried. BF/GF is a nebulous term made by people who want a psuedo-relationship ( I would however accept engaged). Where I come from its a free-for-all until you buy a ring.

2. No sex before marriage.- of course.

You better go with the word fornication because people have been loopholeing that word "sex" for a while now.

3. Be aware of your hygiene's.

I'm not going to argue with you on this one.

4. No boasting, jealous, envy, etc.

These aforementioned activities take up a good amount of time in a relationship and sometimes lead to wonderful group entertainment. You right though no good!

I was married to a woman that was ex-LDS (Mormon for you on the east coast). Instead of concentrating on rules they have methods of preventing breakage of the above "rules" of dating. For example group dating prevents two people from being alone which makes it hard (I suppose not impossible) for them to get in any carnal trouble. Having a lot of activities not just in the church but in the community like dances with the (passion police) seem to keep people in line.

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Christian Dating Rules
Posted : 30 May, 2009 08:51 PM

Thanks, I agree with you. Boyfriend and Girl friend is play play stuff. I don't need a Girl friend. I need/want to get married. :) Then again, there isn't anything wrong with being single.I guess I don't have to feel bad if I didn't get start or anything like that. I'm surprise you didn't add any extra rules. I was hopping for some more.

Also I agree, Church is for Relationships.

View Profile
History
Christian Dating Rules
Posted : 6 Jun, 2009 11:32 AM

Always be in a group. If you must take her home bring a friend. Don't kiss untill the 4th date. The longer you hold away from physical things the easier it is to resist temptation. Lay out your boundries and what you both expect in this relationship.

Thats what I have used.

myhopejeremiah29_11

View Profile
History
Christian Dating Rules
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 09:13 PM

I agree most definitely with the friend going with you thing and staying in groups. It is too easy to get caught up in the moment.