Author Thread: Please pray about my Spiritual gifts
Admin

Please pray about my Spiritual gifts
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 05:52 PM

GOD has blessed me with the Spiritual gifts of wisdom and discernment and I'm thankful for these gifts they are wonderful. I get many sermon like thoughts in my head and I don't mean memories of past sermons. Thing is I can't preach cause I am a woman and 1 Timothy 2:12 says I'm not to teach a man. I can't write them either because a man may read them and I would still be teaching a man. I can't blog them because again a man may read it and I would still be teaching a man. I know of Joyce Myer and Beth Moore wonderful sisters in Christ and I have read dozens of commentaries for and against female teachers but I don't know who to believe. But I know if I don't use my gifts I'll be like the servant who hid his talent and the Master called him wicked and I don't want that servant to be me. I dunno what to do with these thoughts. Please pray that GOD will show and teach me what to do with the gifts and thoughts that I have been blessed with.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
Please pray about my Spiritual gifts
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 10:09 PM

Sister,

You are clearly seeking to honor God completely in this. That is beautiful. I will pray He gives you wisdom.

If I might suggest a couple things ... as a woman you can minister 1-1 to other women which men simply cannot (excepting within the family). You may also be able to teach a women's or teens' Sunday School class or something similar.

Another thing is that people misunderstand "talent" in the parable you cite to mean "ability". "Talent" was a piece of money. We would do almost as well to substitute "dollar" or "ounce of gold" to understand the parable. The faithful servants busily built up their master's business. The wicked servant didn't. Our diligence to build up the Kingdom may involve spiritual gifts ... or it may simply involve faithfulness in prayer and obedience.