Author Thread
HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
What Jesus would advice in this situation?
Posted : 3 May, 2016 06:00 AM

Deuteronomy 24:4 doesn't exactly apply, but is somewhat similar. Also 1 Corinthians 7:27 .... in messed us situations, Paul instructed people to stay in the present situation instead of tangle things up further.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
What Jesus would advice in this situation?
Posted : 3 May, 2016 05:55 AM

It's a tragic situation, but the remarriage was in good faith and is valid. The husband who was believed deceased is, of course, free to remarry.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Asking girls ages 20-35: Is a mustache a deal killer?
Posted : 29 Apr, 2016 02:24 PM

If the "bigger Christian singles" site you have in mind is Christian Mingle, the problem is the site's business model, not your mustache. Well, I didn't look at your mustache. If you've got a great big handlebar mustache, it could be that too. :)

But at Christian Mingle, only paid subscribers can send messages -- and that includes replying to messages. I figured that out shortly after subscribing and asked their customer service for a higher level of membership that would allow users to reply to me. That is not available.

So ... lots of people sign up for the free account, but only a few pay the money. 9/10 of my messages are to those who are free accounts. I can't tell the difference before sending a message. But if they don't read the message, chances are they're free users.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Bare Leggings ?
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 08:01 PM

Agreed!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Long Distance?
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 08:00 PM

If face-face communication is very infrequent, it's hard to build a strong relationship. I had one with a lady 1500 miles away. The communication was one reason it didn't work.

As for willingness to relocate, that depends a lot on one's situation. Those who have kids who must visit the ex-parent, for example, may be unable to relocate.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
19 Secrets to making your woman love you more.
Posted : 22 Apr, 2016 07:54 PM

Good points ... given that all of the sex-related advice is for WITHIN the marriage, not before it!

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Why do you want...
Posted : 17 Mar, 2016 06:40 PM

I agree with Anglicostal. I was trying to decide how to say it ... and read his answer through. He pretty much said everything I would have. Probably better than I would have.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
why?
Posted : 10 Mar, 2016 04:14 PM

I usually hear the two taught together. Are you referring to some particular sermon or book that omits the mandate for men to love their wives as Christ loved the church?

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
What puts you off?
Posted : 24 Feb, 2016 09:07 PM

I am intrigued when a woman expresses a vision for family life similar to my own. If I see that ... and she's not HORRIBLY far away ... I send her a message!

I am put off by statements about how sarcastic she is or by an attitude of looking down on men generally. Or other arrogant attitudes. I see this more at another site that is less Christian, but I've seen some of it here with some profiles. And ... I keep scrolling.

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
Triats of a Good Guy?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2016 09:22 AM

This site does attract a high number of Filipinas. God bless them, but I don't think many of us American guys are up for the immigrant-wife situation.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10