Author Thread: widows/widowers
Admin

widows/widowers
Posted : 24 May, 2009 11:45 AM

Being a widow/widower is different. I believe this would be a great forum to give us all a place to talk and vent and help others thru this tough time in life. Anyone else think this is a good idea???

Randa (biloxims51) :angel:

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 30 May, 2009 09:18 PM

Let's see how many truly respond. You have a good forum here. I visit other widow/widowers forums and it is amazing the challenges we have....I am a widow...and I promise I don't have cooties or am "different" in somw way...! Robin

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 06:14 AM

dear folks, i cant say as i know how you feel.. as ive never been widowed.. i have lost a few folks i cared about.so i kinda got a feel.. but i really cant imagine how much more if would have hurt to lost someone that loves you like that.. so in my opinion youre all very strong folks.

ole cattle

slj3_1

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:51 AM

I think it would be a great forum. I am also a widow and I believe I could give encouragement and gain some also. We all need to know there are others who feel just like we do.

God Bless,Sandy

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 28 Jan, 2011 10:41 AM

I wish I had fond this a year and a half ago. Then I could have vented. I was married for almost 40 years. One rainy night I was home alone watching tv. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. A neighbor told me that my wife was in a car wreck and that it was serious. Her and my grand kids were hit head on by a drunk driver about a 1 1/2 miles from the house. She was pinned in the car. At that time I became numb inside. The drunk driver died on impact. For almost 40 days my wife suffered extreme pain, surgeries, complications, ect. Her femur was broken in 2 places, spleen ruptured, bowels torn, face fractured, ribs broken, lung punctured, arm broken, bruised and swollen all over. Her kidneys had shut down and had to have blood dialysis. Finally she got moved out of the ICU. She got to see the grand kids. They had a nice visit with her. Than night, my daughter in law went back down to see her, only to find her body dead in the hospital with no one knowing about it. It's taken a 1 1/2 years to learn to live but I am. I have had people quit writing and even blocking me because I don't want to go into detail about that night every time I turn around.

tendergrace

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 06:12 AM

It has been a long hard road and never thought that I would become a widow at 52. The grief is so different from when losing a mother, father, etc. Therefore it has been hard comforting my children. Watching your soul mate die of cancer is not easy. But he was the strong one and although he was given just 3 months to live he was a trooper through the next year and lived that year to the fullest he could. He called the disease his "miracle disease" because it made him closer to his Lord. I can say I'm proud to have witnessed such a touching transition to the other side and to have been a wife to a strong man of God. Although at first I didn't want to live I know now that God has and will always be my rock. It sure would be wonderful to talk to other widow-widowers about their experiences to help with the healing. God Bless, Jeannie

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 17 Feb, 2011 08:47 AM

I am so sorry you had to endure that. I did not lose my husband through death, but after 37 years of marriage he walked out on me, and it might as well have been a death. I built my world around him and lived every day and every move I made for him. That was a year and a half ago, and I still can't get over it. We are now divorced. He divorced me. It is still so hard to believe. But God's grace is sufficient, and he will see me through, and will provide the perfect mate for me. I am a giver, and I need someone I can give to. God Bless you. Lynda

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 08:57 PM

I can sympathize with you Brother in Christ, as I lost my precious husband of over 40 years to a sudden death from a lung disease. For 3 months he had trouble breathing. His trips to the hospital were diagnosed as bronchitis, then they said he had pneumonia (3 different kinds.) My 2 daughters and I decided to move him to a larger hospital that had more qualified doctors. It was too late to do anything because his lungs were so diseased that there was nothing left to do to save his life. While I left the hospital to go home and take a shower, the doctor's placed him on life support and when my daughters and I got back to the hospital, he was suffering so, they were giving him morphine every 15 minutes. My daughters and I had to make the decision to take him off life support. He was Pastor of a church at the time and with God's help and the prayers of many, we decided to take him off life support. He passed away 15 minutes later. God has been so real to me and I have experienced that grace that surpasses all understanding. It will be 3 years this July and I miss him so much. Brother, I know how it feels to lose part of you and it is only by God's grace that we can face each new day. God bless you. I know that God has someone in the shadows for you and I. It is His timing that we must seek and I know He has great plans in the making. God bless you!

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2011 11:38 AM

I am in a new class now and I have to say it does not feel good, althought it feels like what God is going to help me through...

I was widowed at the age of 44 when my husband suffered from a medication reaction. He died 6 days later.

2 years later a married a widower. We met on ChristianCafe.com, and we shared many life experiences. We both had 3 children. We both watched our spouces' bodie shut down and we both had to make the decision to pull life support. Family was very important to both of us, and we wanted that experience again.

It was 8 years before our family found out my oldest granddaughter (9 at that time) had been abused by my husband for years. It almost broke our entire family apart. It did break the the entire family away from the dad/father figure.

I can now weigh both losses. I know the intense feelings of never being able to see the love of your life again, and I know the intense feelings of being ripped from your marriage when your partner is still living. My prayer now is to be the woman God wants me to be and to use my experiences in whatever way I can to further His kigdom. If it's just to make me more empathetic, so be it.

I think posting in forums can be a healthy way to tell your story in a non-threatening setting. And if it helps someone else to understand they're not alone in their trials, then great. Then it's a win-win situation.

Thanks for starting this thread.

moon88

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 14 Jun, 2011 08:12 AM

My heart is deeply touched by the tragedy you experienced. We know as believers that God works all things according to His will but it just doesn't seem to make sense. You know that your dear wife is rejoicing in heaven today. Yes, she wants you to live your life fully glorifying the One Who is your all in all. Many folks can't possibly understand but I know that He will meet all your needs. Blessings,

Fleetwood

View Profile
History
widows/widowers
Posted : 3 Sep, 2012 04:42 AM

Great idea. Some people have no idea how lost we can get. Only my friends in church seem to have any compssion. I hibrinated for 6 months & feel like doing it again! One lady told me she was from Biloxi & after I was falling for her she said she realy lived in Ghana & then needed $ for her Mothers opperation & her son too. I was crushed!!! Be carefull.If we don't try, we will never find a friend I guess.:waving: I think this is a good idea. Good luck everybody & God Bless