Author Thread: Same Faith.
BigDog85

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 25 May, 2009 07:58 PM

I have to say as a Christian I consider myself a noine Christian, because I feel I have more of a relationship with Christ, but yet we Christians will be known as Christians.

Having a Girlfriend or Boyfriend from either the same faith or not, but as long as that person has a relationship with Christ you both cannot go wrong.

Dating a person who does not care to know Christ or have faith, I cannot see it working, but if it did for some then ok that's very rare. Yet if dating someone of the same faith things work out better and the Lord will bless them.

None believers make it harder, because of many reasons and it's, not easy being one person defending the relationship and turning for God for help with it should be two people turning to God and asking for the relationship to become, so strong that no one not even Satan can tear it to shreds.

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 26 May, 2009 08:05 AM

dear big dog, nice post. i will add one thing. even two christians of the same faith should make sure they both believe in the same thing and are both close to the same place in their walk.. it just will make things alot better.. as when two horses or oxen are both yoked together. to do their jobs effectively they both have to pull in the same way and at the same time otherwise one is always having to drag the other along and will wear the one doing the pulling down in time.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 26 May, 2009 08:52 AM

Cattleman,

Good point!

Blessings, Lydia

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 28 May, 2009 07:04 PM

I believe unequally yoked does included other beliefs. It may even included someone who doesn't share our vision God has given us.

If your sharing your life with someone that includes sharing a lot of the same dreams and wants. When we marry it should be in unity and beliefs in how you pray , how you worship, if you believe in tongues etc. Theses things can cause alot of friction if your different.

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 28 May, 2009 07:28 PM

LFaJ,

Amen, good post!

Blessings, Lydia

bound4hvn

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 30 May, 2009 07:26 PM

The Word of God says that the carnal man cannot understand the things of the spirit. So if you tie yourself to a non-believer, or a carnal man, you basically are not on the same wave length. A house divided against itself will not stand. Where there is division and strife, there is every evil work. If you are a true believer, then you base your life and your responses TO life upon the Word of God.... your hearts desire is to be Christ-like. That is was a "christ"ian is....a disciple of Christ. If you don't walk in the Word, you walk in the "world" and do the things of the world....which will eventually lead to a breakdown. in your relationship.

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 31 May, 2009 05:25 AM

dear folks, all good answers.. thanks

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 1 Jun, 2009 03:50 PM

Nice reply ! ,

BigDog85

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 06:06 PM

I appreciate all of you who posted on this I do and I agree with every one of them, because in a way they all meet half way and in between.

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 11:46 AM

I must say I agree with you. You must make sure your beliefs are not only right with God, but also that your mate shares the same fundamental doctrine AND the same method of understanding scripture. This would especially be crucial in the raising of kids and teaching them about the Word of God.

View Profile
History
Same Faith.
Posted : 1 Nov, 2009 07:53 AM

I understand the thinking behind your replies and they all make sense. The only thing I have to question is the definition of "Faith" and "Beliefs". At the last census there were over 30,000 different religions based on Holy Scripture (The Bible). Each Church applies for a 301c license from the government for tax exemption. Whether that Church has only one church or 1000 churches it still needs only 1 license.

So, that means that are 30,000 Churches with slightly different beliefs. The way I see it is everyone interpreting scripture the best they can and then finding others that agreed with them and calling this a Church.

Jesus told his disciples to be "one" as He is one with The Father. I don't believe we have done that. That being said I also believe that these "minor defects" in different beliefs should not deter two people from being together as long as the core beliefs are there -- such as Jesus being our Lord and Savior -- The Trinity -- The Ten Commandments and letting The Holy Spirit work it out with them.

Jesus left the Whole Deposit of Faith with the Apostles and Peter and gave them The Holy Spirit to Ensure that His Church would remain unchanged till His return. God did not send His Plan of Salvation spinning through time like a top for man to pull this way and that way. Scripture is the infallable Word of God, but it was written over 1000's of years ago to a people who understood the meaning and nuances. For instance take the sentence "I never said she took the money!". It could have half-a-dozen meanings (e-mail me and I'll explain how). Only the people involved would know what was implied.

So, I hope I haven't started a firestorm. I believe as Christian we should always have our ears open to recoqnize God's Voice when we hear it, much as the sheep would recoqnize their Shepards voice when He spoke. Again, I hope this gives you pause for thought and I mean no disrespect -- I just hope that one day we Christians will be of one voice.

Peace

Page : 1 2