Author Thread: dating and drinking
Hopechell

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 17 Mar, 2015 02:47 PM

Hi! I was just wondering something and would like to ask. I have been on here since October and I have on my profile that I don't want to be contacted by a person who drinks. I can't help but to wonder if that is why NO ONE, not ONE decent guy has contacted me or seemed interested. I have had a couple of guys who winked at me and a few who I noticed read my profile. The only guys who have contacted me, have been banned from this site only after we exchanged a few emails through the site. I am grateful for that!

However I just don't know why no one else has contacted me. Is my profile too long? Is it boring? I sometimes think that it just might be one of two things or maybe both.

! there are no guys in my area who are on this site

2. having my heart set on someone who does NOT drink at all, rules out just about everyone.

Mmmmmm......I do have one photo of me posted and yes, it is current......

I really think that just maybe I am not getting anyone to contact me beyond reading my profile is that some Christians do drink.

I am just searching for some answers, because I am getting frusterated. Any ideas from anyone? Please share them with me.

Thanks!

Hopechell

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 17 Mar, 2015 03:59 PM

There is not any one dynamic that defines this crazy online pursuit of finding a spouse.

Im sure it is not just the "drinking" thing. Perhaps if you went to the livechatrooms and got to know some other people? Ive known people who did so and married!

Gods grace to you

HoosierHomeschooler

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 19 Mar, 2015 09:06 PM

I've also been surprised to learn that the majority of Christians here drink. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were a glass with a meal a few times a year. Maybe a bit more. Though I wouldn't partake.

But ... for quite a few, it is quite a bit more than that, if I read the profiles correctly.

So ... I'm here to find a match, not to try to turn someone into a match.

Anyway, as has been stated, that's only 1 variable. I don't get a lot of responses either ... but some.

I do find myself more likely to send a lady a message if I look longer at her profile. One thing that gets me looking longer at a profile is more pictures. What do you look like dressed your best? Having fun? With some of the kids you care for?

You've put a face with your screen name already. But a few pictures that put your face with some of the other things in your profile can't hurt.

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 19 Mar, 2015 09:23 PM

I was just talking with a friend about this tonight. I agree hooser that there are a whole lot of people that drink who call themselves christians. God calls us to be of sober mind over and over again. That includes anything that alters our minds. That includes any addiction that we are hanging on to. Here are just a few scriptures out of many many that speak on being sober.

Being Sober

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Galatians 5:21

Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Peter 4:7

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.

Proverbs 20:1

Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, and whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

1 Thessalonians 5:6

So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober.

1 Timothy 3:2

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,

Titus 2:2

Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.

Ephesians

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,

Romans 12:3

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

Proverbs 23:29-35

Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine. Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a serpent and stings like an adder. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart utter perverse things. ...

2 Timothy 4:5

As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

1 Corinthians 8:9

But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

1 Corinthians 5:11

But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler�not even to eat with such a one.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

1 John 5:19

We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Romans 12:1

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Isaiah 5:11

Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them!

1 Corinthians 6:10

Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy 3:3

Not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.

ESV / 11 helpful votes

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Peter 4:3

For the time that is past suffices for doing what the Gentiles want to do, living in sensuality, passions, drunkenness, orgies, drinking parties, and lawless idolatry.

Jude 1:3

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints.

Proverbs 23:20-21

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Romans 14:13

Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.

James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Romans 14:21

It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

John 17:17

Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

I THINK GOD MADE IT PRETTY CLEAR ABOUT THE DRINKING THING.

Gods grace to you

Hopechell

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 9 Apr, 2015 03:58 PM

Oh thank you for responding...that's a good idea! I have not been in one of those chat rooms for a long time. I will try again.

You have been encouraging!

Hopechell

Goodman3047

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 26 Sep, 2015 05:06 PM

I DONT DRINK !

View Profile
History
dating and drinking
Posted : 27 Sep, 2016 11:52 PM

I think it's best to state the qualities your looking for as apposed to the ones your not, I have come across profiles that read like a shopping list of what a potential partner must not do/have my eyes glaze over & I swiftly press the back button.